ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 01-02-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 20
Uploads: 0
naren nataraj is on a distinguished road
Default Using Flexsim web server

Hi everyone,

Good morning.

I was reading about flexsim webserver in the help file, as I understand, we can run a model from an other computer (for instance,computer B) and can view results of simulation model run in a host computer (computer A).

I have two questions,

1. Should computer B have a Flexsim license installed to access the host computer A.

2. Is it posible that I can feed some data from computer B, so that the simulation run in the host computer and throws up the result data back to computer B.
For example, if I have a simple model with a one station of process time 30 mins built and saved in a host computer. Can I change the process time as I wish ( 40 mins ) from computer B, so that the host computer runs the model and shows the result in the web server.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance.
Naren.
Old 01-02-2013
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Uploads: 0
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

Even though you trigger from B, Flexsim is still running on A - so A needs the license.

Experiment variables are exposed to the web interface by default (and results as PFMs are sent back). Alternatively you can customize the model's web page as described in the help.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Lightfoot For This Useful Post:
naren nataraj (01-18-2013)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Licensing Server Maintenance Ben Wilson Product Announcements 5 02-15-2013 09:50 AM
How can I return a server license? syseo Installation 2 02-10-2011 07:35 PM
changed the Flexsim server Operate System Dane Lee Q&A 2 05-24-2010 10:26 AM
License server path for v5 David Chan Installation 1 05-24-2010 09:49 AM
client server architecture Vinay Mehendiratta Q&A 0 10-11-2007 10:26 AM