ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 04-21-2015
Dejan Toplak

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Help needed with combiner

I am making a simulation of a production. There are 2 production machines (i used the fluidtoitem). They are named "naprava 1-2" in my simulation... What i would like to do: each machine should produce 1 item type (all together two different item types), they move across the conveyor to a queue and are then processed by a combiner. the combiner should put together 40 items of itemtype 1 and 40 of itemtype 2 on a pallet. After the next queue the transporter should move them to each of the 2 racks (1 rack is for itemtype 1 and the other for itemtyp 2). The problem is that the combiner components list is not showing all the items i would like to combine....

P.s. I would also like to make the production adjusted like this: Each Fluidtoitem production machine should produce 3 items at a time and have some time in between.

Thanks in advance for any kind of help!

Simulation link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1j59jfap04...ction.fsm?dl=0
Old 04-21-2015
CCS, India

Downloads: 67
arunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rough

Hi Dejan,

I just found some mistakes in your model.

1. The Send to Port option of Conveyor6 is By Expression in your model. It should be First Available.

2. You have only single input port from Queue 23 to the two Combiners (total 2 input ports to a Combiner).
According to your requirement, you need 3 input ports. Since you have only single Queue23 feeding both combiners. There should be two input ports from the Queue23.So total three input ports to a Combiner. Along with that, under the flow tab of the Combiners the pull strategy pull requirement" Item byPort" should have two cases port 2 and port 3.

3. The last question of fluidtoitem object is not clear to me.

I hope, I have answered your question.If not ignore this post.

Regards,

Arun KR
Old 04-21-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute
Default General hint to a combiner

Hi,
an previous object to a combiner can have more output port connections to a combiner. Generally this works for all object connections. Only network nodes don't work this way. That is a method to build a distribution of products at the output without depending on own source code, too
Jörg

Tags
combiner, flexsim, fluidtoitem

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fluids, Help Needed Hassan Elhajj Q&A 1 04-08-2015 05:58 AM
HELP NEEDED: Model Cleanup hani2899 Q&A 3 11-29-2011 12:50 PM
Flexsim Engineer needed Trent Richards Job Opportunities 0 06-15-2010 11:20 AM
help needed on task sequencing! chrisquek Q&A 2 05-20-2008 07:23 PM
Help needed in reversible conveyor DerekChau Q&A 4 04-11-2008 07:29 AM