ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 12-03-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 0
Vadim Fooks will become famous soon enough
Default Puzzled about a coordinated task sequence, please help

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have ran into a situation which I managed to avoid so far and unsure how to proceed.

I have a team of m operators connected to a dispatcher, and a park of n vehicles, connected to another dispatcher.

I want my task sequence to allocate one operator, wait until the vehicle becomes available, then perform a number of subtasks involving the following steps:
* operator allocates the vehicle
* operator walks to where the allocated vehicle is parked,
* operator enters the vehicle,
* vehicle drives to a queue,
* operator exits from the vehicle,
* operator loads flowitems from the queue into the vehicle,
* operator gets back into the vehicle
* vehicle drives to another queue
* operator exits the vehicle
* operator unloads flowitems from the vehicle into the queue
* operator enters the vehicle
* vehicle drives to the designated parking sport
* operator exits the vehicle
* operator walks to his designated station, which concludes the task sequence.
The problem is that some of those subtasks I want to be coordinated task sequences between the operator and the vehicle. So I can create a subtask for one, for another, but never for both of them (as I understand it, because when I am calling TASKTYPE_CALLSUBTASK for one, the other one is already allocated and cannot be allocated again in the subtask at the same time). It would have worked if I were to allocate the vehicle anew for each subtask, but then another op could steal it.
The annoying part is that I am not even getting an error message - when I comment out allocation for the vehicle, the remaining part works, but when I uncomment insertallocatetask(), the whole subtask silently fails to execute without any kind of error message.
What is the correct way to approach such situation?

I suspect I can solve that by creating a task assignment routine in the vehicle dispatcher that won't let me allocate the vehicle for another task as long as some kind of flag is set so that when the op tries to allocate the vehicle in each respective subtask he will always get the same vehicle, but it seems hacky. Is there a better way?

Thanks!
Vadim
Old 12-03-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 26
Vadim Fooks will become famous soon enough

Ladies and Gentlemen,
I am happy to inform you that the problem has been solved:

Instead of connecting the vehicles to the dispatcher, I connected the equal number of BasicTE proxies, which, in turn are connected to vehicles via center-links. I simply allocate the proxy at the beginning of the task and release it at the end. For each CALLSUBTASK I allocate a centerobject of the allocated proxy and release it at the end of the subtask, because I am assured that as long as the proxy is allocated, the associated centerobject will remain available.
The downside, of course, is doubling the number of TaskExecutors in the model, so, if someone has a better solution, please post it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vadim Fooks For This Useful Post:
Jörg Vogel (12-03-2012)
Old 12-03-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 71
Manoj Kumar is on a distinguished road

Dear Fooks,
Can you please upload a sample model of your solution for better understanding.
Manoj.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problem with a coordinated task sequence. Could somebody please help spotting the problem? Vadim Fooks Q&A 1 08-27-2012 03:26 PM
Coordinated Task Sequence Profiler Normand Côté User Development 4 07-12-2012 07:20 PM
Coordinated Task sequence and call sb tasks Lucie Lerivrey Q&A 1 11-02-2011 11:05 AM
Can coordinated task sequence and "break to requirement" be used together? qin tian Q&A 1 05-26-2008 10:44 AM
coordinated task sequence, need help. qin tian Q&A 4 05-12-2008 05:52 PM