ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 07-30-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0
Labro Eleni is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Empty & Idle Warehouse at the end of the day

I've made a model of a warehouse that receives pallets, stores them at racks, consolidates orders and delivers them. The model is running for 22 days, but i don't want it to be running continuously as it doesn't depict the real function of a warehouse. At the end of the day i want the warehouse to be empty from tasks and idle (but not having empty racks). Is there any solution?

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-01-2011
TMN Simulation -Australia

Downloads: 7
michaelsmith will become famous soon enough

You can apply a shift pattern to the objects in the wharehouse that will make all the equipment stop however I'm not sure you can remove all the tasks, they will just be rolled over until the wharehouse comes back online the following day. This would be more realistic as you probably can't assume the wharehouse would hve completed all it's work within the day.
Old 08-01-2011
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

Try stopping and resuming the inputs of the task executers using the timetable rather than stopping the object. Pick options for this are available.
Old 08-08-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 3
Labro Eleni is on a distinguished road

Thank you very much for your help. I've added time tables for the objects that i want to stop their operation, so it seems like the tasks of the warehouse stop at the end of the day.

Tags
warehouse

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dispatch task only on idle dispatcher waiting on a certain node shafizad Q&A 12 02-03-2011 01:56 PM
IDLE and EMPTY Lydia Franck Q&A 2 08-05-2010 03:03 AM
Question about warehouse model morelant Q&A 2 10-27-2009 02:44 PM
How to find the idle time of the job/product? shivrash Q&A 5 04-09-2008 09:01 AM