ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 06-22-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 0
dafko is on a distinguished road
Default Keeping the original 3D shape on a combiner

Hi all!

I have a question about the combiner, but first, let me explain, what am I trying to do.

I need for the truck to wait for some time at a designated spot, because the driver has to go to another location to pick up some documents. I was thinking about using a combiner first, to pack the driver on a truck and then use the separator to separate them so the driver could pick the documents. However, when I pack the driver onto the truck, the driver is displaced at some distance from the truck and that doesn't look very nice.

Is it possible to keep the original 3D shape, i.e. the truck, after it leaves the combiner? I was trying to use the triggers and change the shape, but to no avail.

Thank you!
Davorin
Old 06-22-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 9
Chris Smith will become famous soon enoughChris Smith will become famous soon enough

You could use the setloc() command in the onEntry trigger for the combiner on the itemtype of the driver. So something like:

if (getitemtype(item)==2)
{
setloc(item, 0, 0, 0);
}

(assuming the driver is itemtype 2)

This would allow you to position the driver where you wanted him in the truck by adjusting the x,y,z values of the command so using setloc(item, "x-value", y-value", "z-value").
Old 06-23-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

Do you have to show the work of driver. Or is it more important to use the correct processtime for this task?

Tags
combiner shape

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
To replace 3D shape john mic Q&A 6 07-05-2010 12:14 AM
changing shape factor when changing 3d shape KelvinHo Q&A 3 09-03-2009 08:24 AM
Why can persons come back original position in experiment model ? Dane Lee Q&A 3 07-30-2009 08:03 PM
Keeping run speed after closing the model Lydia Franck Gripes and Goodies 4 05-06-2009 03:38 AM
Keeping the Ortho View Window in the background? Nico Zahn Q&A 4 03-10-2009 10:16 AM