ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 04-04-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0
kjkartik is on a distinguished road
Default Placing items on a palette

Hi,

I am a beginner and this question might be a really simple one, but couldn't get an answer upon browsing the forums. I am trying to use ASRS vehicle to retrieve items(flowitem type1) from a rack and place it on the palette(flowitem type2) that is temporarily stalled on a conveyor. I got all the logic around it except for placing the item onto the palette. How to

1) define the number of items the palette can hold
2) achieve placement of items on the palette
3) Move ASRS tray to Unload the item at the point where pallette is present

Attached is the model. Please help.

thanks
kj
Attached Files
File Type: fsm palletization.fsm (27.2 KB, 96 views)
Old 04-04-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

I think the easiest way to do this would be to use a combiner. It´s a standard object and most thinks are available on it´s GUI.

Only setting the place of items on the palet would be very difficult by using this solution.
If you really need it and standard functions of combiner doesn´t satisfy you, there is another way by using the command moveobject()
But this will mean you have to set position and size of Item by coding with using setloc() and setsize().

Flexsim Help shows very well, how to use all these commands;-)
Old 04-05-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 8
kjkartik is on a distinguished road

Thanks very much Sebastian! I was able to use a label to define pallet size and the command moveobject to place items on palette. I am still looking to do task 3) which is having the tray move close to pallet present on conveyor while unloading to look realistic.

I believe the FRUNLOAD command has an argument that refers to the input port of object(in my example it is conveyor) to perform unloading. If I want to unload directly onto a item(in my ex it is pallet) present on the object, simply changing the destination to pallet is giving errors.If you run the model, it does indeed goes near the pallet for unloading but halts due to errors. Please advise.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Palletizing-flexsim.fsm (28.0 KB, 97 views)
Old 04-10-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

Hi,
now I understand what you are talking about with point 3).
I but think this happens because your ASRS has to bring Items to conveyor. And this way to it´s standard entry position.
I see following 2 solutions:

1. Use a queue as destination of all items that leave rack. This Queue you can set at position for your pallet. Maybe you want to set position dynamicaly with setloc() again.

2. Try out to send ASRS to a destination and not to an object. For this you can use Tasktype: TASKTYPE_TRAVELTOLOC.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Picking Items vasiliki grigorakaki Q&A 1 12-12-2011 04:55 AM
Items are placed in rack Dane Lee Q&A 4 11-19-2010 06:39 AM
Transmitting items Guus de Krom Q&A 6 09-30-2010 09:51 AM
Placing item in respective cell of a rack David Chan Q&A 1 11-13-2008 09:32 AM
Operator not unloading items before picking up priority items Howe Chiat Cheng Q&A 2 05-28-2008 02:05 AM