ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Product Announcements
Downloads

Product Announcements New releases of the software

Old 10-28-2014
Manager of Product Development

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4
Anthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Conveyor Module Beta

We've been hard at work on a new conveyor module. At this point it's feature complete for version 1, so we're posting a beta for those of you who are curious.

Conveyor_Beta_0.1.1_x64.zip

Conveyor_Beta_0.1.1_x86.zip

At this point we're focused on fixing bugs, documentation and creating test cases. We hope to make the final release early January at the latest. This is meant to replace the other conveyors in the library, so once released, the older conveyors will be removed from the library on a subsequent FlexSim major release (old models will still work, but the old conveyors won't be visible in the library, and we will encourage users to use this module going forward).

The module is built against FlexSim 7.3.6, so you'll need that version to run it. Feel free to run it through the ringer and help us fix bugs. If you find bugs please post them with the attached model to this thread.

Thanks,
Anthony Johnson

Last edited by Anthony Johnson; 11-06-2014 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Server crash, lost link, now attached
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Johnson For This Useful Post:
syseo (11-04-2014)
Old 10-29-2014
Consulting in Simulation

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Vincent Bechard will become famous soon enoughVincent Bechard will become famous soon enough

Impressive! Phenomenal! A world of applications in baggage handling systems, food processing, sorting facilities... I look forward to get it in January!
ca.linkedin.com/in/vincentbechard/
Old 11-04-2014
Flexsim User

Downloads: 439
syseo has a spectacular aura aboutsyseo has a spectacular aura about
Default Oops! Page could not be found

All above link pages can't be displayed in my PC.

What's the matter with it?

Last edited by syseo; 11-04-2014 at 04:37 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to syseo For This Useful Post:
Ryan Davis (11-06-2014)
Old 11-05-2014
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
julialiucsn is on a distinguished road

Hello Anthony,The link you sent can not be open ,the pages can not be found ,would you please check ?Thanks ,
Julia from CSN China
The Following User Says Thank You to julialiucsn For This Useful Post:
Ryan Davis (11-06-2014)
Old 11-06-2014

Anthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Everyone,
I've updated the initial post so it now has the installers as attachments.
Thanks,
Anthony Johnson

Last edited by Anthony Johnson; 11-06-2014 at 05:52 PM.
Old 11-06-2014
Steelcase, Inc.

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 11
Cameron Pluim will become famous soon enoughCameron Pluim will become famous soon enough
Default 3 Bugs

See attached model for 3 bugs.

Bug 1. An event is not created to transfer to the sink if there is a photoeye placed after the transfer to the sink.

Bug 2. The spurs were created by using Join conveyors, and then the straight portion of the spurs was removed. Then, the further conveyor was moved closer to the source (the 2 spurs switched positions). Boxes end up flying off the end, and many errors are thrown.

Bug 3. This conveyor is unselectable. It was made by choosing Straight Conveyor, and then left clicking once in the model, followed by pressing the esc. key. You need to either delete it from the tree, or delete another conveyor to make it selectable.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm ConveyorBugs.fsm (18.6 KB, 904 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Cameron Pluim For This Useful Post:
Anthony Johnson (11-06-2014)
Old 11-12-2014
Flexsim User

Downloads: 2
Ryan Davis is on a distinguished road

Found 2 more possible bugs. See attached model.

1. The photo eye blocked and decision point on arrival are firing even though the items are being transferred to a different conveyor. Whether they fire or not seems to be correlated to the turn animation. The photo eye and decision point fire if the box is still turning at the point in time where it would have hit the photo eye and decision point if it had gone straight. If you move the photo eye and decision point a hair further down the conveyor they will not fire.

2. The decision point rotates the item and is set to fire on the center of the object. There is some weird behavior when the item hits the transfer point. This behavior goes away if you switch the decision point to fire on the leading or trailing edge of the item.

Also, a feature request: can you add a place to resize decision points in the interface? Right now you have to modify nodes in the model tree. It would be nice to be able to more easily resize them to match the size of your conveyors.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Conveyor Test 2.fsm (23.0 KB, 919 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Ryan Davis For This Useful Post:
Anthony Johnson (11-12-2014)
Old 11-20-2014
Flexsim User

Downloads: 58
Lucie Lerivrey is on a distinguished road
Smile

Hi Anthony,
The module is looking really good, and will help our clients and us a lot!
I’m sending you a few things I noticed; however I’m not sure if they are bugs or problems because I didn’t use the objects correctly:

1. Enter and exit transfer: both work as a zone with an operator and it is awesome. (model "Transfers")
    I had no problem with the entry transfer. However, with my first try with the exit transfer, I connected the operator to the conveyor instead of the transfer, and my computer crash completely. Other incorrect connections and conveyor creations (particularly with the curved conveyor) also crashed FlexSim (as if it didn’t manage those errors); I’m guessing that it would not happen in the final version.
    Regarding the exit transfer opciones, when I select the “ignore pick if late pickup” if I don’t have a second exit for the conveyor it works fine, but if I add a sink for the items that weren’t pick, the operators just ignore the boxes from the beginning.
    Finally, there is always an “exception caught” notification, but it seems to work ok.
  2. Slug builder: also awesome and I’m guessing, much more efficient and correct as the custom one we build.
    I’m sending attached a model with slugs, but I’m not able to make it work correctly, I’m not sure where the problem comes from (FlexSim or me )

Finally, is there a plan (short or medium term) to include conveyors with variable width? In order to have for example, a conveyor with a start width of 2m and end width of 1m, that would have the ability to receive from the whole width but release from a center point of the exit side.

Thanks!
Lucie
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Slugs.fsm (18.9 KB, 957 views)
File Type: fsm Transfers.fsm (33.9 KB, 1001 views)
Old 02-19-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Anthony,

I build a simple sorting conveyor system with a s-curve section. Then the items are sent to two queues. Sometimes some item's orientations stay as they left the last curved conveyor even if the following section is straight.

This behaviour depends on high model run speed values around 1000. Maximum looks fine and multiplicators at lower speed values are ok, too.

Conveyor Version 1.0.0
Flexsim Version 7.5.0
CPU core i7-3770 3.4GHz
Dell Quadro600

Jörg
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	ConveyorModuleVisualEffectCausedByRunspeed.jpg
Views:	2262
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	2764  
Attached Files
File Type: fsm BottleSorting.fsm (20.9 KB, 905 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
RalfGruber (02-20-2015)
Old 02-20-2015

Jorg,
Thanks, I've fixed this for the next release. I hope to get a bug fix release out in the next week or so.
Regards,
Anthony Johnson
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Johnson For This Useful Post:
RalfGruber (02-20-2015)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AGV Module 1.1.0 Available Anthony Johnson Product Announcements 4 04-03-2015 08:45 PM
Module Development SDK Anthony Johnson User Development 5 03-27-2015 09:20 AM
Heatmap Module Carsten Seehafer User Development 27 02-13-2015 01:55 AM
Can not get the right path about agv module LINWEIXU Q&A 4 04-03-2014 04:17 PM