ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 01-21-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 48
Uploads: 0
claudia gertheinrich is on a distinguished road
Default Problem in opening and closing ports

Hi there!

I am new to flexsim and this is my first post.
Tried to find help in this community before posting, but found no solution in your earlier posts or maybe I didnt see the solution. :-)

I want to build an inlineoven that opens its inputports every 105 seconds. if there exists an item to enter, it enters. if there is no item at that time, the ports are closed and reopened after 105 seconds and so on.

I build the oven with a non accumulating conveyor, because the downstream object might be down and in that case the oven doesnt release the item that first entered (at the end) and wont let another item in.
The maximum content of the oven is 17.
The bahaviour of the oven is as follows:
1. oven is empty: input open
2. item arrives: first item in, close input, wait 105 secs
3. push first item to next place & open input
4. no item in front: close input again, wait 105 s
else let item in, wait 105 secs
5. push first item to 3rd place and second item (if there is one) to 2nd place & open input
and so on

If first item arrives at place 17 it can be released after 105 secs, but only if the downstream object is available. otherwise the oven is stopped (input as well as output) until that object can recieve the item.

Summary:

the oven has a cycletime of 105 s
since there are 17 places inside the oven, the item has a minimum dwell time inside the oven of about 30 minutes (necessity)

Tried many versions of delayedmessages, but all didnt work and I dont know, where my mistake could be.
I have a problem with the delayedmessages when theres no item arriving at the input and therefore the on entry trigger cant be fired. and the input mus be reopended every 105 s up from the first entry. tried to calculate time via the fmod function and others...
since i tried so many things now, I am all confused...

Hope you understand the problem...
Attached Files
File Type: zip oven1.zip (56.6 KB, 220 views)
Old 01-22-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

OK, looks little bit more difficult than at first I thought. Is it important when the 105sec starts?
Old 01-22-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

I would try it this way. Hope you can figure out what I´ve done. Probably it is even to solve with messages but don´t got more time now.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Oven_sh.zip (37.1 KB, 231 views)
Old 01-22-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 48
claudia gertheinrich is on a distinguished road

Hallo Sebastian!

VIELEN DANK! es funktioniert prächtig.

Its working!
The reference to the centerport didnt come to my mind...

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Conect ports in the tree Sebastian Hemmann Q&A 3 01-14-2010 08:41 AM
Question on sending to different ports Jamie Santa Ana Container Terminal (CT) Library 2 09-09-2009 02:54 PM
Keeping run speed after closing the model Lydia Franck Gripes and Goodies 4 05-06-2009 03:38 AM
Automated creation of connections between ports Matthias Hofmann Q&A 3 06-25-2008 03:04 AM
Opening of FlexSim State Files Fadhlullah Bin Rahmat Q&A 0 02-18-2008 04:57 AM