ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 11-27-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 14
Uploads: 0
juan alberto is on a distinguished road
Default diagonal movements

Hi all!

I have a problem. I'm trying to make diagonal movements.

1. I want the chassis when it enter in the rack, to stay it aligned with the rack.
2. Once the chassis is within the rack, I want the crane that is beside the rack moves diagonally to get the can that is carried by the chasis (very important to get a move in diagonal and parallel to the rack).

I have done thae same model with a straight rack and it works, but now I want to do the same with a diagonal movements.

Could you help me please?

I attached the model

thanks !!
Attached Files
File Type: zip diagonal movements.zip (85.6 KB, 192 views)
Old 11-30-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 14
juan alberto is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan alberto View Post
Hi all!

I have a problem. I'm trying to make diagonal movements.

1. I want the chassis when it enter in the rack, to stay it aligned with the rack.
2. Once the chassis is within the rack, I want the crane that is beside the rack moves diagonally to get the can that is carried by the chasis (very important to get a move in diagonal and parallel to the rack).

I have done thae same model with a straight rack and it works, but now I want to do the same with a diagonal movements.

Could you help me please?

I attached the model

thanks !!

Hi,

One idea???
Old 11-30-2009
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

I have take a look at your model but couldn't completely understand what you are looking for. Could you maybe also post the model (or a part of that model) with the straight racks? Then we can see exactly what you are trying to achieve.
The Following User Says Thank You to Steven Hamoen For This Useful Post:
RalfGruber (11-30-2009)
Old 11-30-2009
FlexSim Software Products

Downloads: 37
RalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to behold

Sorry, I had a look into your model too, but it didn´t help me to find out what you are going to achieve. Please clarify this to us. Good idea from Steven to post the "working" model...

Best regards

Ralf
aka
ralle

Flexsim Germany