ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 06-02-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 0
shashanktrivedi will become famous soon enough
Default Two camera on Single screen together

Hi,

I am looking for solution to have two camera one is at certain angle to have over all view of model operations and other one is behaving like pip (picture in picture) both of them in one screen itself.

Basically pip camera picture is more for zoom in. I have seen this feature in Anylogic, quite sure it must be with flexsim as well.

Kindly suggest.

Regards
Shashank Trivedi
Old 06-02-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 100
Uploads: 1
Pablo Concha is just really nicePablo Concha is just really nicePablo Concha is just really nicePablo Concha is just really nice

Hello,

just tried this using a custom gui, just one perspective on top of another...

regards

Pablo Concha Erilkin
The Following User Says Thank You to Pablo Concha For This Useful Post:
shashanktrivedi (06-03-2011)
Old 06-02-2011
Manager of Product Development

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4
Anthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a simple mockup. I created a custom graphical user interface, then copied the standard perspective view from VIEW:/standardviews/perspective, and copied a second one inside the top view. I added OnPreDraw attributes to the views so they sync with each other, and positioned the inner view on the top left of the main view. Then I made it the model control GUI. Lots of things could still be done, i.e. it doesn't work with orthographic projection, etc.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm PictureInPicture.fsm (52.9 KB, 179 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Johnson For This Useful Post:
shashanktrivedi (06-03-2011)
Old 06-03-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 26
shashanktrivedi will become famous soon enough

Thanks all.

Anthony will be possible for you to send flexsim 4.5 version since i am having this one.

In your reply attached model is flexsim 5 version hence it is not running in my version.

Look forward to your reply.

Regards
Shashank Trivedi
Old 01-31-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 3
KvThiel is on a distinguished road
Default Camera behaviour

Hi

I like the perspective in perspective. But is it possible to change the viewpoint of the cameraview by codes in a trigger.

perhaps changing the zoomed view during a proces from the queue to the source.

( it doesn't have to be dynamic)

How should the code look like ?

And is it possible to dynamically rotate a perspective to a certain angle?

and how should this code look like?

Kind regards,

KvThiel
Old 01-31-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

for me it sounds as if you are looking for some kind of flypath and this you can create in "Tools/Presentation/Presentation Builder" very easy.
Even dont´t have to use any code or triggers in this solution.
Old 02-05-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 3
KvThiel is on a distinguished road

Thank you sebastian, but I still didn't get exactly what I want.

is it possible to use this presentation tool on a GUI screen only ? Because I want to create a videowall of 5 perspective views (camera views).
On a certain point in time, one or two camera's have to rotate on their own axis (z-axis), so two camera positions have to change while the other 3 will hold their position.
But I can't find a way to change and update the perspective views in an active GUI.

Could someone help me, please

Kind regards,

KvThiel
Old 02-05-2013
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

You can set the viewpointx, viewpointy, and viewpointz attributes of a 3d view to pan it. You can set the viewpointrx, viewpointry, and viewpointrz attributes to rotate. You can edit the viewmagnification and viewpointradius to zoom in and out.

Tags
camera, view

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Single Conveyor loading/unloading machines Ken Wiley Tips and Tricks 4 10-22-2010 06:58 AM
Screen won't refresh using stop and go Steven Hamoen Q&A 2 08-20-2010 01:22 AM
Multiple operators at different locations performing a single processor Paul Dowling Q&A 4 06-04-2008 03:08 AM
Dispay information on separate screen Maurits Brandt Tips and Tricks 1 10-09-2007 02:23 AM
Controlling the camera view to be focused on a moving object in your model. Regan Blackett Tips and Tricks 0 08-03-2007 10:12 AM