ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 04-02-2015
sravan kumar

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0
Post collision checking

dear all,

i had activated collision checking of operators and transporter, its working as mentioned but after completion of task run time is still ticking on i.e.., after completion of processing run time has to stop ticking.

please can someone point me to the error where i have committed it...

regards

thanks
Old 04-06-2015
FlexSim Software Products

Downloads: 37
RalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to behold

Sravan,

the collision check is a time based, not an event based function.
Events are created with an interval of the time between collision checks you enter in the TE's gui. Even if no other events are happening in the model, the time continues to proceed because collision check events are created automatically.
If you want your model to stop, you somehow have to figure out, when your simulation run is finished and then manually have to call "stop()".

Does that make sense?

Best wishes
Ralf
FlexSim
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RalfGruber For This Useful Post:
sravan kumar (04-06-2015)
Old 04-07-2015
sravan kumar

Downloads: 9
Post arrival time

sir

thanks for your reply, i have understood the problem sir.

the problem now i am facing is on processing. can flexsim simulate irregular processing time. i.e.., 9am-1pm and from 2pm-6pm, even that 1hr should be simulated even though processing is not happening.

am thinking about putting 8hr schedule run time. is this the solution for such kind of problem?

please help me out.

thanks
Old 04-07-2015
FlexSim Software Products

Downloads: 37
RalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to behold

Sravan,

you can use the time table function in the tools section to create shifts and break patterns for equipment. That should do exactly what you are asking for.

Best Wishes
Ralf
FlexSim
The Following User Says Thank You to RalfGruber For This Useful Post:
sravan kumar (04-10-2015)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Collision between transporters Manoj Kumar Q&A 3 07-06-2012 06:22 AM
collision of Task excecuter Daniel Schneider Tips and Tricks 13 11-08-2010 09:54 AM
Checking nodeedge status Maurits Brandt Q&A 4 09-15-2008 05:43 AM
Error checking in Flexsim Tom David Gripes and Goodies 10 05-21-2008 01:39 AM
Checking to see if a label exists Paul Dowling Q&A 3 04-28-2008 11:03 PM