ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > Flexsim CT > Container Terminal (CT) Library
Downloads

Old 06-12-2009
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Uploads: 0
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bug

On the berth planner ->services -> Arrival Time Variability if I enter something different then the standard exponential, it always returns a 0. This is not correct I assume?

Also I build the model of the tutorial and the the following results where shown for the gate troughput
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	Bug Gatethrougput.JPG
Views:	269
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	655  

Last edited by Steven Hamoen; 06-12-2009 at 08:24 AM.
Old 06-12-2009
Manager of Product Development

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4
Anthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

Steven,
Make sure you don't add a semi-colon at the end of the expression. If there is a semi-colon, the expression is interpretted as a statement, and the only statement that actually returns a non-zero value is "return theexpression;" If you just have "theexpression;" then this is just interpretted as another statement, and since there is no return statement encountered, it returns 0. I know, this is very easy to get wrong, but it's the way it would have to work if it were a c++ field, and we want to make flexscript as close to c++ as possible. When you remove the semi-colon, this is a special, flexscript-only rule that explicitly interprets the expression as a return statement, which allows you to not have to worry about always writing the return expression.

On the other one, we should improve the automatic scaling, as well as the precision of the numbers, but the graph is essentially correct. If you only have about 100 trucks go through your model each week, then the average number of trucks that travel through the gate each hour, which this graph is trying to show, will be less than 1, and the variances (the gray lines) will be huge because your samples are so small. The graph apparently isn't very good at displaying such low numbers coupled with high variances. I'll admit that this graph doesn't give you any useful information (except perhaps the daily and weekly averages), but at the same time, what useful hourly information would someone try to get out of a model that only has 100 containers going through it each week? Anyway, I'm really just grumbling a bit here, because I see your point, and we need to work on making the graph look more useful for any situation.

Last edited by Anthony Johnson; 06-12-2009 at 09:35 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Johnson For This Useful Post:
Carsten Seehafer (06-15-2009)
Old 06-15-2009
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Uploads: 0
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

Anthony,

I didn't put a ";" behind my code. If I enter a number (say 20 or 40) or if I enter a different distribution (say uniform(1, 30) ) the function always return a 0. If I change it back to exponential(0,100) it functions again.

Thanks for the explanation about the graph.
Old 06-16-2009
Manager of Product Development

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4
Anthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

Steven,
I've tried the same thing on an example model, and mine seems to work just fine. Could you email me the model?

Tags
berth planner, bug, services