ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > Flexsim CT > Container Terminal (CT) Library
Downloads

Old 04-09-2008
Manager of Product Development

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4
Anthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Flexsim CT 1.52 Available

We've finished a release of Flexsim CT, version 1.52. This fixes several bugs that were introduced with version 1.5 pre-release. Go to http://www.flexsim.com/software/containerterminals/ to download the latest release. We hope to soon put a link to this download in the user login area for those who have a license, but until then you'll need to go to the above link.
The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Johnson For This Useful Post:
qin tian (04-28-2008)
Old 04-22-2008
Flexsim Super Moderator

Downloads: 64
Uploads: 0
AlanZhang is a jewel in the roughAlanZhang is a jewel in the roughAlanZhang is a jewel in the rough

Is there any update on the CT documentation? Is there any schedule on official releasing of CT documentation? Thanks.
Old 04-22-2008
Flexsim Super Moderator

AlanZhang is a jewel in the roughAlanZhang is a jewel in the roughAlanZhang is a jewel in the rough

OK. I installed the new version. This one has a lot better documentation than the previous ones. Good job!
Old 10-22-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 115
qin tian is on a distinguished road

Hi, Anthony, the block object in CT is very good.

Could you make a Rack behave like the block. I mean the items in Rack is only shapes. Or, could tell me how to program to implement the behave?
Old 10-23-2008

Anthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not going to go into all the details of how the CT block object works, but in very simple terms, the CT block is just a rack object that has a lot of special logic in its triggers. It recycles any containers that enter and restores them once they're needed. It stores information regarding content/segregation/etc. in binary format in label tables. It uses that information to draw the recycled containers, which allows for very fast drawing for very large container quantities.
AlanZhang (04-09-2009)
Old 10-26-2008
Flexsim User

I noticed that there is two groups of commands in the manual:
1. rackrecycleitem,rackrestoreitem,racksetcellcontent,racksetcellvar
2. rackdrawfilledcell,rackdrawvirtualcontent

These commands seems can resolve my problem. But no sample model is supplied, I find it difficult to use them.

Can you give some samples? Thanks
Old 10-27-2008

Here's an example model that uses rackrecycleitem(), rackrestoreitem(), racksetcellcontent(), and rackdrawvirtualcontent(). The racksetcellvar() command is just another way of putting user-defined information on a rack's cells. It can be used with labels, where the values are stored on individual cells. You would pass in a label, using the label() command, as the storage node, and then specify the bay, cell, rank, and value you want to set, and it will automatically create a 3-dimensional table on the label, storing the value. It is really just a fancy way of doing label tables, and you can do it yourself using label(), gettablecell(), rank(), etc.

I have been informed that you have not updated your Flexsim maintenance. Please update your maintenance as I and many others on the community are much more willing to help those with updated maintenance than otherwise.
Attached Files
File Type: zip rackrecyclingexample.zip (44.2 KB, 394 views)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Johnson For This Useful Post:
Vadim Fooks (12-03-2012)
Old 11-15-2008
Flexsim Mexico

Downloads: 203
Jorge Toucet is just really niceJorge Toucet is just really niceJorge Toucet is just really niceJorge Toucet is just really nice
Thumbs up

It's a great model the rack recycling example!

If I have products who slide down from the back of the rack to the front (not floor storage of course), please tell me how can I set the rackdrawvirtualcontent command to draw them correctly according to the amount of tilt of the rack because there is no tilt parameter yet...

rackdrawvirtualcontent(obj rack, num bayfillperc, num levelfillperc, num itemdepth, num red, num green, num blue, num virtualonly)

Also, is it possible to hide the draw of just some struts of the racks? I have several products side to side at the front of the rack (like in the picture) but I don't want a cell draw around all of them...

Thanks,
Jorge.

Last edited by Jorge Toucet; 11-15-2008 at 07:27 AM.
Old 12-03-2008
Flexsim User

Hi, could I change "Crane Allocation Algorithm" in CT?

thanks.
Old 12-08-2008

For quay crane allocation, right now you are limited to the inputs provided, i.e. priority, number of cranes requested, and max number of cranes. In future releases we plan to make this more flexible.
Scott Mackay (10-08-2009)
Old 04-02-2009
Simweb, Flexsim Distributor, Taiwan

Downloads: 175
ChiaMingChen is on a distinguished road

Hi Anthony,

I am ChiaMing. I have some question.
I try used "Flexsim CT v1.52" is good test for me.
but, when I put background object in model, and I load image file to do.
It is not work, and not any error message.
Old 04-02-2009

We plan to release CT version 2.0 in the next few days, which should fix these issues.
Brandon Peterson (10-01-2009)
Old 04-03-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 147
zhang xin is on a distinguished road

Anthony, happy to here that.
By the way, In the resource assignments tab of the yard planner, if one block can use two RTGs, how to express it?
thanks
Old 04-03-2009

In 1.52 there's not a good solution for that, but in version 2 there will be an object called a Resource Group that you can drag into your model, connect up to several RTG's, and then dispatch to that group for a rule in the rules table.
AlanZhang (04-09-2009)
Old 04-04-2009
Flexsim User

thanks.
We have decided to buy CT.
I want to know if we buy 1.52 version now. Will we get 2.0 version free in the future?
Old 04-06-2009
Simweb, Flexsim Distributor, Taiwan

Downloads: 175
ChiaMingChen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Johnson View Post
In 1.52 there's not a good solution for that, but in version 2 there will be an object called a Resource Group that you can drag into your model, connect up to several RTG's, and then dispatch to that group for a rule in the rules table.
We are very happy here this news.
Old 04-08-2009

Zhang Xin,
We just released version 2.0 yesterday, so you'll get the latest version when you buy. And when you buy, you automatically get one year of maintenance, so you'll be able to get updates for the first year.
zhang xin (04-08-2009)
Old 04-09-2009
Flexsim Super Moderator

I just made a simple model to try the new Resource Group object. It works well. I like it. Thanks.

Alan
Old 04-11-2009
Flexsim User

Hi, Alan. Is it possible that you post your simple model here?
Thanks
Old 04-11-2009
Flexsim User

In CT 2.0, Can I change "Crane Allocation Algorithm" ?