ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 03-23-2016
carlo timossi

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Default How to avoid the crane hook going to the "lift height" for each loading/unloading operation

Hi guys, I've noted that for each loading or unloading operation the crane hook goes to the "lift height" also when there is no need: in order to avoid this problem I've tried to replace the tasktype_load/tasktype_unload with the sequence of task tasktype_traveltoloc (only along z direction), tasktype_moveobject and tasktype_delay. The last task delay has been added in order to take into account the "load time" and "unload time" shown in the crane GUI.
At the moment I've used a fixed time, but I'd want to link to the fields "load time" and "unload time" of the crane GUI, however having replaced the tasktype_load/tasktype_unload with the above seen sequence of tasks, I cannot use these fields:I'd want to know how to get those information or if there are other ways in order to solve this problem.
Thank You very much in advance for Your support.
Old 03-23-2016
Flexsim Canada, Forum Moderator

Downloads: 54
Uploads: 1
Kris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud of

The "Lift Radius" property on the crane is designed to save you from all your custom TS efforts. It is located to the right of Lift Height.

In case Lift Radius does not work for you, assuming you are in the Transport Resource code of the sending object:

Code:
double loadtime = nodefunction(getvarnode(crane,"loadtime"),item,current);
double unloadtime = nodefunction(getvarnode(crane,"unloadtime"),item,outobject(current,port));
Note that these times will be evaluated at the time of writing the TS. Also, this approach will not work if you send the TS to a dispatcher and thus do not know which crane will be used. TASKTYPE_CALLSUBTASKS would be of use in that case.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kris Geisberger For This Useful Post:
Steven Hamoen (03-24-2016)
Old 03-23-2016
carlo timossi

Downloads: 1

Thank You for Your prompt answer I'll verify immediately: really I didn't understand well the working of the "Lift Radius" property.
Old 03-23-2016

Kris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud of

If the next travel location is less than [Lift Radius] XY distance from the crane's current location, it will not lift before travel.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kris Geisberger For This Useful Post:
Sebastian Hemmann (03-25-2016)
Old 03-23-2016
Axel Kohonen

Downloads: 22

Do you know if there is some similar property for the ASRSvehicle or some way to make it happen? So that one could do many pickups from the depth of a rack without the ASRS vehicle extension always coming all the way out in between picking up two items in the same rack.

Thanks!
Axel
Old 03-24-2016

Axel,
At this point I don't believe there is. I would write a single task sequence to move all items, foregoing the extension altogether, using:

TASKTYPE_TRAVELTOLOC
assuming the ASRS travels along X
x: xcenter(pickupstation)
y: ycenter(ASRS) to prevent the extension
z: zloc(pickupstation) + zsize(pickupstation)
Note: before this task you will need to set the "forkresetheight" variable on the ASRS to the same z location using either setvarnum(ASRS,"forkresetheight",z) or TASKTYPE_SETNODENUM.

TASKTYPE_CALLSUBTASKS
to determine how many items are available to load once the ASRS is at the pick location

TASKTYPE_DELAY
to represent load time

TASKTYPE_MOVEOBJECT
to move the items into the ASRS

the unload sequence is similar

I have attached a solution in Process Flow v2016. Although it is not the same as the callsubtasks approach since the ASRS requires maxcontent items before it moves, but that could be changed easily.

actually, z: zcenter(pickupstation) would have looked better in my example
Attached Files
File Type: fsm ASRS transport multiple items.fsm (29.5 KB, 258 views)

Last edited by Kris Geisberger; 03-25-2016 at 11:06 PM. Reason: final thought
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kris Geisberger For This Useful Post:
Jing Chen (03-24-2016)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
About "empty bucket" operation? zhang xin Container Terminal (CT) Library 6 04-15-2013 03:42 AM
How can you have a visual tool that has a mixture of "protected" and "no select"? thill Q&A 1 03-13-2012 12:44 AM
Is it possible one object comprised of the function of "combiner" and "separetor"? Vic Li Q&A 1 08-19-2008 04:41 AM
about "no select" and "show parameter window from side bar" qin tian Gripes and Goodies 3 03-21-2008 08:10 AM
"Getting Started" and "Tutorial" models for v4.01 Cliff King Product Announcements 0 12-10-2007 07:34 PM