ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 11-18-2015
Mauricio Souza

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Question Time Table update from Excel not working - HELP

Dear users,

I try to update some Time Tables from an Excel input. These Time Tables are Weekly Repeat mode and they set Operational Time and Down Time in some processors of my model.

It loads all data correctly, but the Operational/Down Time is not activated, I mean, I can see the table in the Time Table Parameters Window but I have to click in "Make Operational Time" to activate it. The problem appeared when I changed the times in the excel input and it didn't update at FlexSim.

How can I set it automatically? I'd like to change the Operational/Down Time only through excel input, whitout clicking in "Make Operational Time", is it possible?

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Mauricio Souza.
Old 12-10-2015
FlexSim Development

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 29
Matt Long is a glorious beacon of lightMatt Long is a glorious beacon of lightMatt Long is a glorious beacon of lightMatt Long is a glorious beacon of lightMatt Long is a glorious beacon of light

Can you post your model and input data?
Old 02-05-2016
Mauricio Souza

Downloads: 0
Default There's an example

Dear Matt, there's an example of this problem in the model attached. There's also the excel input I talked about.

In the excel input there are 2 sheets:

- Terminais_Horarios: The user fills the yellow cells with the open and close times for each work shift (0h - 12h, 12h - 18h, 18h - 24h) and for each weekday.

- Time_tables: This is the sheet that organizes the data and flexsim reads from it. You don't need to write on it.

In the model (example_time_tables.fsm), there are 3 Terminals (processors) that are controled by these time_tables. You can see that when you update the input, the terminal's operational/down times are not updated. You have to click on the Time tables parameter window to update the changes made in the input.

Hope you understood.

Thank you.

Regards.,

Mauricio
Attached Files
File Type: zip flexsim support.zip (124.8 KB, 229 views)
Old 02-05-2016
FlexSim Brasil

Downloads: 10
mefhsmflexsimbr is on a distinguished road

Matt,
We just forward the model do the e-mail [email protected] as well.
Old 02-05-2016
FlexSim Development

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 29
Matt Long is a glorious beacon of lightMatt Long is a glorious beacon of lightMatt Long is a glorious beacon of lightMatt Long is a glorious beacon of lightMatt Long is a glorious beacon of light

It looks like when you add an Excel table for import using the Excel Interface window and set the Table Type to Time Table, it does not properly handle the Daily/Weekly repeat modes.

If you open the Time Table properties window and click on the Add Table to MTEI and add it through that mechanism, then it works properly.

We'll add this issue to our dev list.
The Following User Says Thank You to Matt Long For This Useful Post:
mefhsmflexsimbr (02-09-2016)

Tags
timetable input excel

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Exporting global table to Excel mearjun Q&A 16 08-05-2014 09:26 AM
Excel table import using user commands ardodul Q&A 6 04-27-2012 02:04 PM
Questions concerning table, chart and excel Hao Zhou Q&A 0 05-19-2011 05:21 AM
Excel Multiple Table Import Problem Bill Lank Q&A 2 12-12-2008 12:06 PM
operators working together to decrease process time Alex Christensen Tips and Tricks 4 07-14-2008 09:22 AM