ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Installation
Downloads

Installation Installation, licensing and hardware issues

Old 01-14-2010
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 74
Uploads: 0
David Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura about
Default Installation Error 15012010

I have a student who tried to install Flexsim in VISTA. However after the initial GUI for installation, the installation failed.

The error message is " The installation ended premature because of an error".

The installation stopped.

Any suggestion?

David
Old 01-15-2010
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 278
Uploads: 2
Lars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

Ask him if he has UAC turned on and trying install to Program File an his system?

Tell him to try install Flexsim directly under C: like C:\Flexsim.

My guess is that he is not allowed to write to the directory he install Flexsim under.

Lars-Olof
The Following User Says Thank You to Lars-Olof Leven For This Useful Post:
David Chan (01-16-2010)
Old 01-15-2010
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

Here are a couple of more things that may help with the installation:

1. To resolve this problem, try installing the latest Windows Script components. Even if your OS has all of the current Windows updates, it may still be necessary to update the scripting components to resolve this error.

Another thing to try if the above script does not work, is to try a passive install. Save the install file to your machine (the desktop is a very good place for it) and then go to Start > Run and then browse to the install file or click and drag it to the Run line. Then add " /passive" behind it.

Example: "C:\Documents and Settings\username\Desktop\install.exe" /passive

This should allow it to finish the installation process without an error.

2. Vista for some reason doesn't register VBScript. What you have to do is first of all find where vbscript.dll is, mine was in C:\Windows\System32, but I think it changes dependent on your OS version. Next you need to go to Start > Programs > Accessories and then right click on Command Prompt and click "Run as administrator", next type "cd C:\Windows\System32" (replace the dir if it is different for you) and then type "regsvr32 vbscript.dll". It should then confirm that vbscript has been registered, and everything should work. This will fix a few installs.

Last edited by Phil BoBo; 01-18-2010 at 09:56 AM. Reason: typo
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phil BoBo For This Useful Post:
Lars-Olof Leven (01-15-2010)
Old 01-16-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

Don´t know if this is helpfully but some time ago I got such an problem. Can´t remember the number of error message. But I found out that it had been problems with the "FlexsimInstallation.exe" I downloaded some months ago. And it really worked with an actually downloaded "FlexsimInstallation.exe".
Old 01-16-2010
Flexsim Distributor

David Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura about

Sab,

I was using the installation file that was download from the website yesterday. So I don't think is related to the installation file.

Thanks anyway.

David
Old 02-21-2011
Flexsim Distributor

Red face Same problem again

I have faced the same problem again with Leveno notebook. I have tried all the recommendation by Phil mentioned, but it still failed. Any suggestion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Chan View Post
I have a student who tried to install Flexsim in VISTA. However after the initial GUI for installation, the installation failed.

The error message is " The installation ended premature because of an error".

The installation stopped.

Any suggestion?

David
David
Old 01-16-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 7
Marcel van de Weert is on a distinguished road

Same problem here with Windows 7 64 bit.

Problem:
Installer ended with "The installation ended premature because of an error".

Tried it virus scanner enabled and disabled.

Tested hardware environements:
- HP 8560w notebook
- HP 8200 elite desktop computer

Installer version:
- Flexsim_5.1.2_installer.exe.

Workarround:
Tried Phils solutions, the passive option (Flexsim_5.1.2_installer.exe /passive) did the trick.
After the this you can rerun the installer to modify/repair or uninstall Flexsim
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marcel van de Weert For This Useful Post:
Phil BoBo (01-16-2012)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Installation problem with VISTA David Chan Installation 7 09-09-2013 10:49 PM
Installation problem Steven Hamoen Installation 3 06-17-2009 06:20 AM
Flexsim Network License Installation Guide Cliff King Installation 5 03-27-2009 04:36 AM
default GUI error qin tian Q&A 1 11-19-2008 11:10 AM
questions about installation in vista Ning Wang Installation 14 10-24-2008 01:08 AM