ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 09-04-2009
Jill Speece

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
jspeece is on a distinguished road
Default Assign Operators to Scheduled Down Time

I would like to have an operator be assigned to work on a processor during scheduled down time (via time table) and I tried to copy the code from the MTBF/MTTR properties screen but it isn't working. Which part of the code transfers over?
Old 09-04-2009
The Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6
Brandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant future

Jill,

Here is a sample model that does what you want (I Think!). I needed to modify the downtime variable from parval(3) to parval(4). I also removed the message that gets sent back at the end of the task sequence and I added a travel task at the end so that you could see the operator moving.

This will behave differently than a breakdown though. In a breakdown that uses an operator the repair time doesn't start until the operator gets to the machine. In this case the machine will come back online according to the time table, regardless of the operator and the time it took for them to get to the machine (they may never make it). The reason for this is because the Time Table and the MTBF/MTTR behave differently and the Time Table doesn't allow for this (At least without A LOT of effort).

Good Luck,
Brandon
Attached Files
File Type: zip Use Operator for Time Table.zip (39.9 KB, 232 views)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Displaying the simulation time with the various date/time formats. Regan Blackett Tips and Tricks 12 11-12-2012 08:01 AM
All time related values 0,0000001 time units delayed Patrick Cap Q&A 2 05-01-2009 01:50 AM
operators working together to decrease process time Alex Christensen Tips and Tricks 4 07-14-2008 09:22 AM
Assign an array to a variable AlanZhang Q&A 6 04-24-2008 01:59 PM
Inter Arrival Time by Time of Day Mod Brandon Peterson Tips and Tricks 0 04-23-2008 11:13 AM