ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 05-03-2011
ProcSim Consulting

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0
shafizad is on a distinguished road
Default Return 0;

Hello,
I have ,say 6 outputs. I want the output for the first three output ports to be "return 0" (first available) for a certain label and the rest exit the port according to other labels(i.e. Each output port has a specific label for the three remaining ports)! how can I manage to do so!

let me rephrase my question: item with label (X) should be sent to the first available on the three first ports (X->1,2,3) and items with other labels (Y,Z,M) should be sent to other ports accordingly (Y->4,Z->5,M->6)!

let's say that I am not interested in the pull option for the moment!
Old 05-04-2011
ProcSim Consulting

Default Senddelayedmessage

I have used the opavaiable function to check if ouputports are ready for item with label X and if not, I have sent a delayed message to releaseitem later with delay.
The solution works but there is one thing about it that I don't like:
I am giving a delayed time (in sending the message) to recheck the availability of downstream objects that I would like to remove.

any suggestion how to catch the signal of availability at the downstream objects and just right after this signal, I send a message to release the item?
Attached Files
File Type: zip Model.zip (31.6 KB, 112 views)
Old 05-04-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

my solution isn't exactly what you want, but can you add a further queue to your model. So port 1 goes to the new queue with three output ports. The other ports aren't changed.

Jörg
The Following User Says Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
shafizad (05-05-2011)
Old 05-05-2011
ProcSim Consulting

Default Pull option

I re-did now my job all with pull option. (So, now all the upstream object returns 0; and it is downstream objects that select the item according to a label on their Pull triggers).
I am going now for PULL VS. PUSH philosophy. I find it more practical always to go for pull!
how about you? Do you prefere working with PUSH or Pull?
Old 05-05-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

Does this help you?

http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...read.php?t=530
Old 05-05-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Does this help for push?
The processor stops input until the last entered flowitem leaves the processor through the ports 2,3 or 4 or through the ports of the following queue. The blocked state is set in the processor as long as the flowitem isn't exiting the queue.
SomeProcessOutputportsFirstAvailable_JV.fsm

Last edited by Jörg Vogel; 12-03-2014 at 03:06 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
shafizad (05-23-2011)

Tags
output port, return 0; label

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Return 0; shafizad Q&A 9 02-22-2011 04:46 AM
return treenodearray juan alberto Q&A 3 12-22-2010 10:48 AM
Return 0; shafizad Q&A 0 12-13-2010 03:50 AM
5.0 return problem? LINWEIXU Q&A 1 04-22-2010 09:05 AM
return 1 in entry trigger? qin tian Q&A 1 05-07-2008 04:05 PM