ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 05-19-2015
Benjamin Cohen

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Default Investigating a paused simulation run

Hi all,

When I run my simulation model and pause it halfway, FlexSim becomes very slow and I can't view flowitem or object statistics without crashing.

Is there something causing this slowness? And is there a way around?

Thanks!
Old 05-19-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Uploads: 0
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Benjamin,

I don't know what model you have built or how many flowitems you have created in your model or are actually visible at pausing the model run.
If you created many flowitems you can recycle them at a sink to use them again in your model, when creating new ones. Please search the forum for recycling flow items. In earlier Versions of Flexsim when the computers were slow the users had to build models which didn`t stresses the cpu not too much. Some of the strategies you will find if you look for the phrase "run speed" in older threads. For example Problems with running time.
Jörg
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
Sebastian Hemmann (06-03-2015)