ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > User Development
Downloads

User Development User developed add-ons to Flexsim

Old 01-10-2014
Manager of Product Development

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4
Anthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Module Development SDK

I guess I haven't yet posted this to the wider community, so here it is. For version 7.0 we added a lot of new documentation and functionality for development of modules. We're hosting the SDK on bitbucket, so you can download/access the documentation there. You'll want to access the correct revision associated with the version of FlexSim you are programming against. You likely DO NOT want to access the tip revision, because that is the branch we developers are coding against, so it may include things that have not yet been released and will not work in your version of FlexSim. When we make releases, we will tag the associated SDK repository revision so you can update to the correct revision for the version of FlexSim you are using.

The list of tags is here:
https://bitbucket.org/flexsim/FlexSimModuleSDK/downloads

Go to the Tags tab and select the zip file for the tag that's closest to the FlexSim version you have (if you're on 7.0.6, v7.0_Release is for you). Download and extract, then open README.html to see the documentation and other stuff.

Warning: the Module SDK is directed at developers, not really at end users. Developers are FlexSimmers who are willing to actively maintain software over its lifetime. Modules WILL NEED TO BE UPDATED when new feature versions of FlexSim come out (although hopefully the updates won't be too hard), so please realize what you're getting into before you dive in.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Johnson For This Useful Post:
Tom David (01-13-2014)
Old 03-24-2015
Graca Silva

Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0

Hi Anthony, I hope you could help me, I was going through the module sdk tutorial and then I can't seem to do a defaultviewsave, it throws an exception:

exception: Exception caught in globalcommand_savebyname()
exception: Exception caught in flexscript execution of VIEW:/standardviews/savedefaultviewproject line 108 instruction 299. Discontinuing execution.

and it seems to have deleted the model, how is this possible?
Old 03-24-2015

Anthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

I think you may not have write permissions to the Flexsim\program directory, which is causing the exception. Either move/copy your entire flexsim directory into a writable location, or add write permissions to that directory.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Johnson For This Useful Post:
Steven Hamoen (03-24-2015)
Old 03-24-2015
Graca Silva

Yep, that was it, thank you
Old 03-24-2015
Graca Silva

Sorry to ask again but when it comes to the part where I have to drag the MyExecuter, Flexsim crashes and when I reboot it, it loads everything as it crashed but the model view where it shows now the welcome screen, has this happened before? :\
Old 03-27-2015

Make sure you've defined the object's classes attribute as ModuleName::ClassName, and make sure you have implemented the instance creator in your createodtderivative() function in your module dll.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
trouble overriding begintask() for a custom module Vadim Fooks Q&A 2 04-08-2013 12:23 AM
Updateing a module dll to Flexsim6 Esther Bennett User Development 3 06-22-2012 12:24 PM
What is User Development? Brandon Peterson User Development 3 09-01-2009 08:20 AM