ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 03-12-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0
George Serhan is on a distinguished road
Default TE setting

Hi,
The process I'm simulating is a pick order process with 2 item types on a separate queues. AN operator would wait till either 5 boxes are available or an hour has passed and move them a certain distance. The problem I'm having is with operator 1 only picking 4 items out of the 5 and having operator 2 to come in and pick the 5th one. I know it is related to how tasks are created and when it was dispatched, but I don't know how to approach resolving it. Operator 1 should pick 5 boxes and deliver them, then operator 2 should take the next 5 or within the time frame allowed what's available at the Queue if operator 1 is busy. Attached is a simple model depict what I'm trying to do.
Version 7.5.2
Thank you
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Delivery concept.fsm (37.0 KB, 278 views)
Old 03-12-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Uploads: 0
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Serhan,

I'm not able to open your model right now. So I guess, you have connected both Taskexecuter at a dispatcher. The dispatcher receives a tasksequence and passes the sequence to the dispatcher at output port number one. The next received task sequence passes the dispatcher to the next available taskexecuter. He is on output port number two. The first taskexecuter reaches the queue and in the break task, he decide to look for tasksequences he can work on too. He loads 3 items to the first one. If you want that all tasksequences or a number of sequences get to Taskexecuter at a defined output port, you set the return value to this port in the Pass To function in the dispatcher. If you have passed enough tasksequences you change the return value to another taskexecuter.
Another approach is, you close the input port of each taskexecuter, which should not receive tasksequences at all. You open the port, if you need this Taskexecuter to work again.

Edit after taken a look in the model: You haven't got a dispatcher object, but you use the first taskexecuter as a dispatcher. Even if it wasn't your intention, that is what the engine reads from your connections. If you tag your tasksequences with another task (TASKTYPE_TAG) as the 6th task you can set a counting parameter in this task. If you evaluate the model, you will find that the the second tasksequence is passed to the second taskexecuter. This will not happen, when the output of the first taskexecuter is closed and you open the output when you load the the fifth item again.
Jörg

Last edited by Jörg Vogel; 03-13-2015 at 04:46 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
George Serhan (03-13-2015)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Setting relative paths michaelsmith Q&A 1 02-02-2010 09:17 AM
Setting Takt Time Bartosz Misiurek Q&A 1 09-18-2009 04:49 AM
Setting Custom State Francois Perron Q&A 1 04-06-2009 02:37 AM
New view setting KelvinHo Q&A 2 05-29-2008 01:44 AM
Setting the number of operators Sung Kim Q&A 4 02-05-2008 12:31 PM