ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 01-30-2015
Wilfredo Salinas

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0
Default Closed Loop Logic

I am trying to create a closed loop model using conveyors (similar to the roller coaster model featured in the downloads section).

I've also added two combiners on the side of the closed loop (please see attached example).

I would like some help with the following:
1. How can I limit the number of pallets to 10? Cannot find a distribution function with a limit.
2. How can I send the pallets to the combiners, only when they are empty? I created the port connection from the conveyor, but the pallets are not turning.
3. How can I make the pallets continue to travel inside the loop? Once pallets completed the loop, they keep traveling into space...

Flexsim is great, but learning it is not easy.

Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Closed_Loop.fsm (22.5 KB, 286 views)
Old 01-31-2015
CCS, India

Downloads: 67
arunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rough
Default Closed Loop Logic

Dear Wilfrido,

You can limit the number of pallets by using an Arrival Schedule or Arrival Sequence under Arrival Style option of the source object.One more idea is you can close the output port of the source using the on exit trigger of the source after it has send the required number of pallets.(Statistical distribution is used to simulate the time pattern in which the flow items enter the system).

A label named flag is created for conveyor 13 & 2.Once the pallet is loaded the item type is changed from 1 to 2 . So the routing of the pallet from conveyor 2 & 13 (under flow tab) is based on the label and the item type value.The label values are changed in the entry trigger of input conveyors to the combiners and exit trigger of the combiners for routing decisions.

Please see the attached model to know ,how I have done this logic.Hope I am able to solve what you are looking for,if not ignore this post.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Closed_Loop_AKR.fsm (23.2 KB, 262 views)

Last edited by arunkrmahadeva; 01-31-2015 at 01:55 AM. Reason: edit description
The Following User Says Thank You to arunkrmahadeva For This Useful Post:
Jörg Vogel (01-31-2015)
Old 01-31-2015
Wilfredo Salinas

Downloads: 18

Perfect!

Thank you so much, Arunkrmahadeva.

Just a couple of questions because I would like to learn how to do this.

1. In CONVEYOR 2 flow code,
/**Custom Code*/
treenode item = parnode(1);
treenode current = ownerobject(c);
if(getitemtype(item)==2)
{
return 1;
}
else
{
return getlabelnum(current,"flag");
}

What does 'return 1' do? Does it work like a green light to allow the item to continue?

2. At the Combiners, on exit trigger,
treenode conveyer2= inobject(conveyer7,1);

What is 'inobject' function doing?

Thank you so much again!
Old 01-31-2015
CCS, India

Downloads: 67
arunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rough

Dear Wilfredo,

The send to port option under the flow tab is responsible for routing the flow items to the output ports /objects.It depends on the value returned at the send to port field.

For instance if the return value is 1 at the send to port option,the flow item will be send to the first output port of the current object.If 2 is returned the flow item will be send to the second output port.You can also check and understand,how the value is returned for different pick list options for the send to port field.

The inobject function is used to reference the upstream object connected to a downstream object's input port.

I hope I have answered your queries.Please refer the command section of user manual for more details.

Regards,

Arun
The Following User Says Thank You to arunkrmahadeva For This Useful Post:
Wilfredo Salinas (01-31-2015)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For-loop between global tables Simon Jutz Q&A 4 04-02-2015 12:10 AM
How to make a loop of processes on the multiprocessor mearjun Flexsim Student Forum 3 09-04-2012 08:07 PM
Network node: closed or open? Shahin Gelareh Q&A 1 04-28-2012 04:23 PM
State of port (open / closed) Jens Mühlheimer Q&A 3 03-14-2012 09:57 AM
when the port is closed? qin tian Q&A 1 11-18-2008 06:35 AM