ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Product Announcements
Downloads

Product Announcements New releases of the software

Old 03-27-2014
FlexSim Development

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 29
Matt Long is a glorious beacon of lightMatt Long is a glorious beacon of lightMatt Long is a glorious beacon of lightMatt Long is a glorious beacon of lightMatt Long is a glorious beacon of light
Default FlexSim 7.1.4 Available

FlexSim 7.1.4 is available. You can download it from the account section of the website.

If you have feature requests, bug reports, or other feedback on the software, please email [email protected] or use the support page at www.flexsim.com/support

==================================================
Release Notes

--- FlexSim 7.1.4 ---
  • Fixed an issue with the Excel Import not properly handling importing multiple sheets from the same file.
  • Fixed Basic Conveyors and Merge Sorts not drawing with shaders on.
  • Fixed loading SimpleDataType nodes in modules in the Experimenter.

--- FlexSim 7.1.2 ---
  • Fixed a memory leak with the 3D view.
  • Fixed a bug in the MTBF/MTTR that caused the downtime value in the down function to always be 0.
  • Fixed a bug causing Keyframe triggers to not be fired in operator animations.
  • Fixed Animation Editor > Draw Surrogate > Main Object Content.
  • Fixed Animation Editor > Component > Rotational Centroid fields.
  • Fixed issues with editing animations in models where units were not meters.
  • Fixed an issue causing global variables to be renamed to NULL when creating multiple global variables at the same time.
  • Fixed exceptions being thrown when you try to use shaders in compatibility mode.
  • Fixed issues displaying skp files while using the A* Module.
  • Fixed an issue with not being able to select views in the GUI builder.
  • Fixed DLL loading to properly load DLLs from the model directory.

--- FlexSim 7.1.0 ---
  • Added Financial Analysis Dashboard Widget.
  • Added Custom Dashboard Widget to allow any numeric data to be displayed in the dashboard, including table data, bundle data, global variables, etc.
  • Added State Gantt Chart Dashboard Widget.
  • Added a FlowItem Trace Gantt Chart Dashboard Widget.
  • Dashboard table data can display current state values as strings.
  • Added functionality to export dashboards to HTML.
  • Moved the statistics tab out of object properties windows and into the Quick Properties window.
  • Labels, tables, statistics, global variables and tracked variables can be \\\"pinned\\\" to the dashboard.
  • More options to customize Dashboard Widgets (font size, bar size, custom display names, etc).
  • More Model Input objects in the Dashboard including Radio Buttons, Listboxes, Trackers and Tables.
  • Added picklist options for starting and stopping animations.
  • Added picklist option to display labels on FlowItems in the 3D view.
  • Moved the User Manual into FlexSim as a dockable window.
  • Redesigned Robot GUI.
  • Animation variables can point to components in an animation for quick referencing, not just surrogates.
  • Improved User Toolbar items for Dashboard, GlobalTables, TimeTables and MTBF/MTTR buttons to allow for opening the objects.
  • Improvements to shadows, shaders and mesh drawing.
  • Improvements to the SKP Reader.
  • Removed Model Views utility and placed it in the Quick Properties window.
  • Added a \\\"Headlight\\\" feature to light sources.
  • Updated Excel Importer/Exporter to handle relative paths of workbooks to the model.
  • Improved the Excel Import\\\'s excelreadstr() and Automatic Data Distinction to more accurately read in values from excel, including dates and times.
  • Added double click to open colors panel to all color wells.
  • Fixed issues with the date time pickers sometimes displaying the current date and time.
  • Fixed model unit scaling with flowitems when creating new models.
  • Fixed issues with copying network nodes in containers.
  • Fixed a bug in the Excel Import on Reset not handling multiple workbooks.
  • Fixed a bug in the timetables causing the duration passed in to picklists to sometimes be negative.
  • Fixed issues with closing/reopening dashboard widgets.
  • Fixed sizing issues with dashboard widgets.
  • Fixed Rack shelf tilt.
  • Fixed an issue with having TaskExecuters using navigator logic for offset travel.
  • Updated Move into Highlighted object to move into the model if no object is highlighted.
  • Fixed a bug with running flypaths using model run speed.
  • Fixed issues with adding flowitems to User Libraries.
  • Fixed sizing issues with the Crane.
  • Fixed a problem where Global Variables were not being properly loaded using save/load state.
  • Fixed an issue with saving views in Full Screen Mode.
  • Fixes to the Conveyor\\\'s drawing.
  • Fixed issues with the Shape Frame tab of the Quick Properties window.
  • Fixed a bug with the Basic Conveyor causing flowitems to not always exit when they\\\'re supposed to.
  • Removed FlexSim Chart and save full history.

****backwards compatibility note: the following changes may slightly change the way updated models behave****
  • The order in which MTBF/MTTR triggers is fired has been changed to reflect the documentation. Now the down/up trigger fires AFTER the down/up function. This may cause problems in models that depend on the down/up triggers firing before the down/up functions.
  • Excel Multi Table Import using Automatic Data Distinction will import empty cells as string data, rather than as the number 0.

Last edited by Matt Long; 04-15-2014 at 11:44 AM.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Matt Long For This Useful Post:
RalfGruber (03-27-2014)
Old 05-18-2014
Flexsim User

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 0
syseo has a spectacular aura aboutsyseo has a spectacular aura about
Default After installation 7.1.4, the movies option menu did not appear like previous issues.

I installed 7.1.4 and found the movies option menu in the starting page did not appear.
Only blue empty page display with the engine version and licenses information.
What's the problem?

My customer installed the trial version 7.1.4 and it display the movies menu in the starting page.
But after installation the license code or the network licenses, the option menu movies did not appear.

What's the problem?

Thanks.
Old 05-18-2014
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

I have got the same behaviour. But I think it has something to do with the way I receive the license. I use a vpn connection to the license server. While this connection is established I haven't an internet connection, neither. And I think you need an internet connection to see the example and video section.
Jörg
The Following User Says Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
Carsten Seehafer (05-19-2014)
Old 05-18-2014
FlexSim Geek

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1
Carsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud of

You definitely need an internet connection. The startup page uses Ajax to get content from a FlexSim server.

If you want to know how deep the rabbit hole goes:
- The code for the startup page can be found at VIEW:/standardviews/documentwindows/StartPage/HtmlPanel/Startup>variables/html
- About Ajax http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ajax_%28Programmierung%29 or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ajax_%28programming%29
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carsten Seehafer For This Useful Post:
Tom David (05-21-2014)
Old 05-20-2014
Flexsim User

Unhappy I always connects with internet ....

I always connect with internet in my office during installation and running flexsim.

I removed the installation and re-installed 7.1.4.
But it is same.

What can I do in the html folder?
After removing all, should I re-install 7.1.4?
Old 05-20-2014
Flexsim User

Default When the license removed, the movies option appear normally.

After removing the license, the movies option menu appear in starting page.

What's the problem?
Old 05-20-2014
Flexsim Consultant, Super Moderator

Downloads: 352
Uploads: 6
Ben Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightBen Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightBen Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightBen Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightBen Wilson is a glorious beacon of light

I'd like to try to debug this issue. Please follow the debug procedures outlined here and we'll see what happens:

http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...2791#post12889

Post your HTML to that private thread, or email me directly, to avoid exposing any sensitive info to the web.

Thanks,
The Following User Says Thank You to Ben Wilson For This Useful Post:
syseo (05-21-2014)
Old 05-21-2014
Flexsim User

Default From today, all movies menu have appeared...

Did you fix it in your server?

From today, all display normally.
But I did not anything to fix it in my notebook.
All is OK.

Thanks.
Old 05-21-2014
Flexsim Consultant, Super Moderator

Downloads: 352
Uploads: 6
Ben Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightBen Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightBen Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightBen Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightBen Wilson is a glorious beacon of light

Yes, we changed some code on the server. There was a problem in FlexSim that if there was more than one module installed, FlexSim sent malformed data to the server.

I modified the server to detect for that malformed data and fix it.

The next release of FlexSim will have the bug fix within FlexSim itself so that the web server doesn't need to search for and address this error case.

Thanks,
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ben Wilson For This Useful Post:
syseo (05-21-2014)
Old 07-11-2014
Flexsim User

Downloads: 5
mearjun will become famous soon enough
Default FlexSim crashing

I am facing this issue every time I try to minimize multiple windows in Flexsim and sometimes while running the experimenter. Is it just me or has anyone else noticed the same?