ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 07-17-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 1
KelvinHo will become famous soon enough
Default Changing flow item by time

Hi,

I need to make a avi to present the whole workflow of a workshop, so a single piece of flow item would be tracked throughout the avi. My senior watched the avi and think that the flow item seems too dull to be the focus point, and even seems that the computer is handed when the flow item is stopped in setup time and thus suggest can the flow item be changed its color by time for better presentation. Should I use draw code to achieve?

Kelvin
Old 07-18-2008
The Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6
Brandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant future

Kelvin,

The code you are using to set the view window to focus on the flowitem could be modified to include a colorrgb() line that would slowly increment one or more of the color components over time. If you know how long the flowitem will be in the model then you could make it so that the color changed from say purple to red or black to white or anything else.

I have two other methods that I have developed to show the flow in a model that would not require you to stay focused on the flowitem. One creates a series of spheres along the travel path of a flowitem and another draws an arrow. It would take me a couple of days to get either of them updated to the current version.

Let me know if you would like to see either of them.

Brandon
Old 07-21-2008
Flexsim User

Hi Brandon,

It would be great for a presentation to have a series of arrow along the travel path of a flowitem.

In addition, I am shame to tell you that I only used the wizard to set the focus to the flow item, actually I don know where is the code set(!).

Kelvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Peterson View Post
Kelvin,

The code you are using to set the view window to focus on the flowitem could be modified to include a colorrgb() line that would slowly increment one or more of the color components over time. If you know how long the flowitem will be in the model then you could make it so that the color changed from say purple to red or black to white or anything else.

I have two other methods that I have developed to show the flow in a model that would not require you to stay focused on the flowitem. One creates a series of spheres along the travel path of a flowitem and another draws an arrow. It would take me a couple of days to get either of them updated to the current version.

Let me know if you would like to see either of them.

Brandon
Old 07-23-2008
The Flexsim Consultant

Brandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant future

Kelvin,

The following post contains some objects to make a view follow an object:
http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...read.php?t=500

This is what I was referring to above.

I'll try and get some time this week or next to update that object and post it on the forum.

Brandon
Old 08-07-2008
The Flexsim Consultant

Kelvin,

Sorry for the long delay but here is the thread with the arrow object: http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...=2583#post2583

Brandon
Old 08-12-2008
Flexsim User

Nice Work! But how to embrace it in my current model?
Old 08-13-2008
The Flexsim Consultant

Kelvin,

You can open up the session with the Arrow and then load your model. At that point you should be able to use the Arrow as if it were a normal object. The only down side is that you will want to save you model as a session and you will have to compile the entire session at the beggining every time you open the model.

Brandon

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Flow item in object in time 0 KelvinHo Q&A 17 04-17-2012 09:12 AM
different capacity for different flow item for a same TE KelvinHo Q&A 10 08-28-2008 08:12 AM
Changing the color of a .3ds shape made with autocad Alexandre Ouellet Q&A 5 04-30-2008 08:48 AM
Changing the height that a Transporter drops off an item to a Processor KelvinHo Q&A 1 04-10-2008 09:29 AM
change 3D shape of a packed flow item KelvinHo Q&A 2 02-27-2008 09:41 PM