ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 02-04-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 0
zhang xin is on a distinguished road
Question about Basic conveyor pick windows

Hi, in this post
http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...read.php?t=841

Phil BoBo gave a model using Basic conveyor to define pick windows. The model is here:

http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...do=file&id=201

I test the model in flexsim 6.0.2, and find that if we "save" the model in flexsim 6 and reset and run it, the second decision point (HoldItem decision point) on the Basic conveyor never triggered. You can add pt("second") in the second decision point's trigger to test. Why?

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-05-2013
Steelcase, Inc.

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 11
Cameron Pluim will become famous soon enoughCameron Pluim will become famous soon enough

Thanks for bringing this model to our attention. In order to minimize the number of events occurring, the basic conveyor had some features added which destroys events if an item had been released. So in the case of this model when the item crosses over the ReleaseItem Decision Point it gets released from the conveyor and then its future events (of crossing the other Decision Points) get destroyed.

I have recreated the logic in the model as well as updated it to version 6.0.2 and you can find that attached.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm SimpleBasicConveyor.fsm (44.7 KB, 76 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Cameron Pluim For This Useful Post:
Phil BoBo (02-05-2013)
Old 02-05-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 147
zhang xin is on a distinguished road

Thank you Cameron . I replace the receiving conveyor with a processor and run the model, the system console will output error message. why?
Attached Files
File Type: fsm 1.fsm (45.9 KB, 71 views)
Old 02-06-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 14
CanitrotCex is on a distinguished road

The test of item's state is made 20 seconds after the releaseitem. But if the item has been processed then it goes to the sink before the test and an error occurs.
The Following User Says Thank You to CanitrotCex For This Useful Post:
zhang xin (02-07-2013)
Old 03-21-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 58
Lucie Lerivrey is on a distinguished road

Hi,

If at some some point the conveyor stops y resumes after a moment, the release item corresponding to the end of the conveyor will occur before the item reaches this point.
Is it possible to prevent the basic conveyor from erasing the following decision points events?

Thanks a lot for your help!
Old 03-22-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 58
Lucie Lerivrey is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I finally got my model work.
The thing is that, adjusting the model as Cameron suggested works fine if there are no stops on the line. (3rd line)
In this case, the conveyor stops for various reasons, and it should stop the whole line. Because the exit from one seccion to another is manged with messages, when the conveyo is stop I "resend" messages every time the box should have reached the end of the seccion in order to check if it is stopped, or if it did reach the exit point. (4th line)

Is there anyway to adjust the original logic (Cameron's one), without needing to send as much mesages as I am sending. Since this model is a simplifie part of the complete one, I would have a lot more mesages in the future model.

Any suggestion is welcomed!
Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Conveyor3.fsm (166.6 KB, 109 views)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pick window on conveyor. Neil Brandon Q&A 9 02-04-2013 03:12 AM
Basic Conveyor Problem Michael Dietrich Q&A 1 04-05-2012 02:18 AM
Decision point in Basic conveyor Manoj Kumar Q&A 3 02-29-2012 10:31 AM
What is the difference between a Conveyor and Basic Conveyor shivrash Q&A 2 07-21-2009 04:09 AM
Basic Conveyor tobias.biemueller Q&A 16 05-23-2008 08:12 AM