ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 02-13-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0
George Serhan is on a distinguished road
Default Outport control

Hello,
I have a source with 2 different itemtypes that get conveyed on the same conveyor to 2 queues. First, I want certain itemtype to go into certain queue (itemtype 1 to queue 3, itemtype 2 to queue 4). The other requirement is if queue 3 for example is backed up, I still want itemtype 2 to go to queue 4 (they shouldn't be blocked). I tried using closeoutput and resumeoutput, but it didn't work. What logic should I use to accomplish this task. (Flexsim version 5.1.2) "model is attached"
Thanks in advanvce
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Conveyor test.fsm (86.7 KB, 82 views)
Old 02-13-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Uploads: 0
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

Hi Simulmaster,

for your little question I think your first idea had been good. Set one Source for each Itemtype. Now you only have to set in Flow Tab of your conveyor what itemtype should go to wich port.
The idea when one queue backs up should be to close the outputport of the source. Because this way you don´t block space on conveyor with waiting Items. To do this you will have to know the filling level you need.

Attached a small example. With settings in Flow Tab of Conveyor and in Triggers of the Queues. Filling level you can set on the labels on Queues. Problem with this solution will be, that there can be items on conveyor that you don´t count in Queue but allready left Source.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Conveyor_Test_SH.fsm (30.1 KB, 77 views)