ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 01-29-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0
George Serhan is on a distinguished road
Default Flowitem in combiner

Greeting,

The problem I ran into is when I wanted to add a new flowitem into my model. I wanted to use a rack instead of pallet in the combiner. The problem is that input 2 flowitem won't stack inside the rack. I created the rack in AC3d, saved it as 3d file and I'm able to see it, but the combining flow items are away from the object and stacked inside each other. I tried the Tote flowitem, and did the same thing. I read a post that describe similar problem, and the stated solution was to edit the behavior variable of the flowitem. I tried to copy the OnReceive code and paste it in the rack OnReceive, but it didn't show and then flexsim freezes. How can the pallet flowitem shape be change without loosing its functionality?
Thank you
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Combiner.fsm (29.1 KB, 105 views)
Old 01-30-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hi SimulMaster,
can you upload the shape of your rack. Thanks!

Jörg
Old 01-30-2012
Flexsim User

Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hi George, (I believe)

to build a new pallet, go to the Flowitem Bin, select Pallet, press New Item button, edit the Proberties of the NewFlowItem. E.g change the 3D Shape to box.3ds from the fs3d directory of the flexsim program directory.

Jörg
Old 01-30-2012
Flexsim User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jörg Vogel View Post
Hi SimulMaster,
can you upload the shape of your rack. Thanks!

Jörg

Jörg'

Attached is a picture of the rack since I can't paste in the thread.
Attached Files
File Type: doc rack.doc (672.5 KB, 126 views)
Old 01-30-2012
Flexsim User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jörg Vogel View Post
Hi George, (I believe)

to build a new pallet, go to the Flowitem Bin, select Pallet, press New Item button, edit the Proberties of the NewFlowItem. E.g change the 3D Shape to box.3ds from the fs3d directory of the flexsim program directory.

Jörg
Jörg,

Yes this is George, I don't know why I picked this username, and I can't change it. Anyway see attached model, the same problem persist by following what you stated above. The boxes sit on top of the tote instead of inside it, don't know why
Thanks
George
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Combiner.fsm (29.8 KB, 99 views)
Old 01-30-2012
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 278
Uploads: 2
Lars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to behold

Hi George,

The behaviour is correct in your test model, because the function that pallet use for placing item use the size of the yellow box to place the items.

What you can do is have the yellow box one size and then have the shape in a different size to make it look right.

What I would do is to replace the nodefunction in pallet with my own logic for placing items. Use the nodefunction as a start and then change it.

Lars-Olof
The Following User Says Thank You to Lars-Olof Leven For This Useful Post:
George Serhan (01-30-2012)
Old 01-30-2012
Flexsim User

Hi George,
i attached some values to the approach of Lars-Olof:
General tab of the rack in the flowitem bin:
Field Position, Rotation, Size
SZ 0.100
Field Appearance Shape factors Button Edit:
SZ 4.000
try different values for position and size in the shape factors, so the walls of the tote doesn't cut through your placed flowitems.

Jörg
The Following User Says Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
George Serhan (01-30-2012)
Old 01-30-2012
Flexsim User

I see what Lars-Olof Leven said, I was confused with the nodefunction at first, but Jörg made it clear how to proceed.
Thank you Jörg
George
Old 01-30-2012
Flexsim User

Hi George,

the nodefunction, Lars-Olof has mentioned, is under the maintree
main > project > exec > globals > nodefunction > palletentry

There you can write your own code to stack the flowitems:
fsnode* is similar to treenode
set is used as setnodenum and get as getnodenum.
To write your code as flexscript-node replace the commands.

Jörg

Last edited by Jörg Vogel; 01-30-2012 at 09:21 AM.
Old 02-01-2012
FlexSim Geek

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1
Carsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud of
Default Offtopic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimulMaster View Post
Yes this is George, I don't know why I picked this username, and I can't change it.
If you want to change your username you should send a private message to Cliff King. Source: http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...read.php?t=417

Greetings

Carsten
The Following User Says Thank You to Carsten Seehafer For This Useful Post:
George Serhan (02-03-2012)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Customizing Flowitem Bin Howe Chiat Cheng User Development 9 06-25-2014 07:09 AM
Combiner question George Serhan Q&A 2 01-24-2012 07:42 AM
Releasing to a Combiner Alistair Smitheman Q&A 7 05-15-2009 04:04 AM
set the location of flowitem from 2nd input port in a combiner KelvinHo Q&A 4 04-11-2008 11:34 AM
Customizing Flowitem Attributes - a quest for the flowitem with the fewest attributes Cliff King Tips and Tricks 0 11-22-2007 12:22 PM