ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Installation
Downloads

Installation Installation, licensing and hardware issues

Old 11-16-2007
Vice President Technical Services

Downloads: 158
Uploads: 14
Cliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud of
Default Student Version Plans

At this point we do not even have a Student Version. Some university professors will have their students use the demo version to build the class models. The problem with using the demo version however is the fact that it doesn't allow statistical analysis of multiple runs which is usually a big part of a university simulation course.

These are my current thoughts for a Student Version:

1. Put a limit on model size of 30 objects max.
2. Remove external communications such as ODBC, TCP/IP, and OLE.
3. Use a software license tied to a specific computer (no key).
4. Display restrictive banners "For Classroom Use Only!"
5. Charge $50

If you have other ideas, let me know.
Old 11-17-2007
Flexsim User

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 0
syseo has a spectacular aura aboutsyseo has a spectacular aura about
Talking About Student Version in Korean Market...

Your ideas is not bad.
But I think it should be much considered in this Korea.
They buy flexsim because of the limit features in evaluation version in here market.
Is there a difference with Evaluation version?

I think the limit of using Student version should be added more like 'not using CodeEdit features'.

This is another saying about it.
How about providing 'only Viewer(not editing)' with no charge?

S.Y Seo in Korea.
Old 05-11-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 115
qin tian is on a distinguished road

I am in Chinese. And I teach simulation.
I like flexsim, and use it for my research project.
I want to use it as a tool in my class, but as you say, it doesn't allow statistical analysis. So, I am forced to use other simulation package.

I suggest that you do the same with ARENA educational packgae.
It doesn't limit the number of objects, but limits the number of flowitem.
All other function is open.

I am even considering writing a book like simulation with flexsim for my students if I can use it in my class.
Old 05-14-2008
Administrator

Downloads: 28
Roger Hullinger is a jewel in the roughRoger Hullinger is a jewel in the roughRoger Hullinger is a jewel in the rough
Default Flexsim Educational Version in China

We have an educational distributor in China. The name of the company is Beijing Beta Tech. The contact person is Victor Chen and his contact information is as follows:

Email: [email protected]
Office Phone: [86] 10 6296 4229
Mobile Phone: [86] 1391 0760 339

Victor will be able to provide you with the costs for the software for universities and colleges that are located in the P.R.C. In addition, Beijing Beta Tech has already developed a very good college-level Flexsim textbook that is written in Chinese. Beijing Beta Tech is also available to you for training and technical support.

The educational version currently sold by Beijing Beta Tech does not have any limitations on the software’s functionality or size of models that can be built.

Therefore, I think Flexsim already has all that you need and want if you will contact Victor Chen at Beijing Beta Tech.
Old 05-14-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 115
qin tian is on a distinguished road

Yes, I know Victoe, chen.
But compared to other package such as Arena, Flexsim Educational Version is still too expensive, because I have so many students, we cannot afford so many licensed.
In fact, when we buy a book simulation with arena, a free arena Educational Version CD is given to us. So, I hope flexsim can do this too.
Old 07-15-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 98
rothe_ve is on a distinguished road
Default Student Version

As mentioned earlier, the Flexsim student version should be like that of Arena. In that, all the functionality can be used, although with a limit on the number of flow items (eg. 250).

The limit of 250 makes it incapable of being used for commercial purpose and help prospective clients to evaluate the simulation tool in better way.