ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Gripes and Goodies
Downloads

Gripes and Goodies Software problems and suggestions

Old 06-02-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0
Raul Paz is on a distinguished road
Default exit after certain time

I have people waiting in a queu, if they wait more than 8 minutes they leave, how can i simulate this without using a delayed message
Old 06-02-2009
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

Why don't you want to use a delayed message?

Last edited by Phil BoBo; 11-19-2014 at 05:42 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phil BoBo For This Useful Post:
Tom David (06-03-2009)
Old 06-02-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 8
Raul Paz is on a distinguished road
Default hey thanks

they thanks a lot i ended up using the delayed message, i just wanted to see if there was another way because am not to familiar with the use of delayed messages, but i learned something new so thxs a lot
Old 07-02-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 9
JMEngelhart is on a distinguished road
Default Stopping after a certain amount of time

I did just that in a recent model. I wanted to give the user the option to have the model stop after 24hours to see how much they had processed.
I used the following:
if (Hrs24 == 1)
{
if (getnodenum(node("MAIN:/project/exec/time")) >= 86400)
{
stop ();
}
}

The Hrs24 is a variable that tells me if I want to do the stop or not. The 86400 is 24 hours in seconds.
I had this in a hotlink in my GUI.
Old 07-03-2009
FlexSim Geek

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1
Carsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud of

@JMEngelhart: You can use a "User Event" to do the same. Just set "First Event Time" to 86400 and enter stop() into the script window of your User Event. If you want to stop the run time every day you can select "Repeat event" and enter "Repeat Event Time".
Attached Files
File Type: zip Support_Stop_Event_CS.zip (34.4 KB, 220 views)
Old 07-19-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 147
zhang xin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil BoBo View Post
Why don't you want to use a delayed message?

Attached is a sample model that shows an easy way to do this by using a delayed message. Is there any reason why this way won't work for your situation?
Phil, I wonder if I can use moveobject command instead of hold and releaseitem. Is there any side effect?
Old 07-20-2009
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

Calling moveobject() directly doesn't let the objects' default functionality do its thing, such as objects being blocked, ports being closed, max content being met, transports being used, etc.

You can also run into trouble if there are pending events that assume the object is going to be somewhere and it isn't there because you called moveobject() on it rather than letting the objects move the flow items around naturally.
The Following User Says Thank You to Phil BoBo For This Useful Post:
zhang xin (07-20-2009)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Displaying the simulation time with the various date/time formats. Regan Blackett Tips and Tricks 12 11-12-2012 08:01 AM
All time related values 0,0000001 time units delayed Patrick Cap Q&A 2 05-01-2009 01:50 AM
On Exit (Lead Time) Gavin Douglas Q&A 5 07-30-2008 01:51 PM