ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 05-27-2008
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 74
Uploads: 0
David Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura about
Default Task Sequence Question

Hi
I am using an operator to transfer the flowitems from a queue to another queue (which is connected to a processor downstream). The same opeartor will also need to unload the flowitem from the processor after completion.

Because of the operator has a capacity of four, by using the normal logic in the template provided will result the operator to carry completed back to upstream or uncompleted part with the completed part. Therefore I am trying to use a TS to complete the task. But TS only allows me the transfer the flowitem one at a time.

How do I use TS to load all the flowitem from the first queue and unload them to the second queue? I tried to use 'for' statement, but the software hang!

Please help

David
Attached Files
File Type: zip Picking_unloading.zip (46.6 KB, 330 views)
Old 05-27-2008
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Uploads: 0
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

David,

Have you tried to use the breakto trigger with options like: load from the same load station or unload at the same loadstation.

That way you prevent your bringing and taking tasks to be mixed up and you can still use the standard tasksequences.

I attached your model with the small changes:
1 removed the manual tasksequence from the queue 1
2 changed the breaktotrigger to only take products from the same load station

Steven
Attached Files
File Type: zip Picking_unloading_TALUMIS.zip (45.2 KB, 325 views)

Last edited by Steven Hamoen; 05-27-2008 at 06:09 AM. Reason: Attached changed model
The Following User Says Thank You to Steven Hamoen For This Useful Post:
David Chan (05-27-2008)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
a question on queue KelvinHo Q&A 15 11-09-2011 07:16 AM
Can coordinated task sequence and "break to requirement" be used together? qin tian Q&A 1 05-26-2008 10:44 AM
coordinated task sequence, need help. qin tian Q&A 4 05-12-2008 05:52 PM
The transporter and operator task sequence... syseo Q&A 1 09-22-2007 01:26 AM
creating a batch trip task sequence Paul Dowling Q&A 5 09-11-2007 06:55 PM