ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 05-20-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
chrisquek is on a distinguished road
Default help needed on task sequencing!

Hi all,

Can someone help me to get the lift worked in and upwards direction, what I mean to go according to what level the person wants to go to but in a upward manner. E.g. lvl 2, 4 ,5 not lvl 5 , 2 , 4. Can someone help really appreciate. Upload my current model.

Regards
Chris
Attached Files
File Type: zip lift problem.zip (94.0 KB, 355 views)
Old 05-20-2008
The Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6
Brandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant future

Chris,

I modified the model to have queues and conveyors instead of processors at each floor. I did this because your model only allowed one person to go to each floor at a time. So, if two people were in line then only one could get on the elevator. I also upgraded the model to the current version.

To get the elevator to behave like you wanted it I had to move the task sequence creation outside of the Queue. I tried sorting the queue and prioritizing the task sequences but neither worked.

The current solution has the Queue send a message (msgparam1 = 0) to the Elevator each time someone gets in line. If the Elevator is not doing anything then it creates a task sequence to go to the line and send another message (msgparam1 = 1) to itself. This message sorts the line according to the floor they want to go to and then creates a task sequence to load everyone and then travel to each floor and unload everyone in order. There is no travel task in the task sequence because the travel offset on the elevator is what actually causes the elevator to go to the correct height.

Good Luck,
Brandon
Attached Files
File Type: zip Elevator Task Sequence.zip (56.7 KB, 319 views)
Old 05-20-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
chrisquek is on a distinguished road

Brandon,

Hey thanks alot for the help. Really appreciate!

Regards.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help needed in reversible conveyor DerekChau Q&A 4 04-11-2008 07:29 AM
Information Needed When Soliciting A Simulation Quotation Cliff King Training, Consulting, Employment 0 03-16-2008 03:37 PM