ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
FAQ Downloads Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 11-21-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 20
Uploads: 0
naren nataraj is on a distinguished road
Question Source Produce items at the start of each weekday..

Hi everyone

I m building a model in which I want the source to produce some quantity of items at the start of each day ( I have used the shift calender & in my model simulation starts at 8.00 am on all weekdays)

Now I want the source to create some quantity ( which I give it in a table ) of items at 8.00 am every day... Saturday & sunday are downtime in the model..

I dont know how to control the source by shift calender timings ..the quantity of items varies every day.

Any suggestion will be of great help..

Thanks in advance
Old 11-21-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

perhaps you don't use a source, you use a User Event, build a new box in your model and move this box to a queue. In the On Entry trigger you write a code to duplicate this box as often as you need it.

/**Create Box in User Event*/
createcopy(node("/1/2/1/1",model()),model()); // copy a box to your model
moveobject(last(model()),node("/Objectname",model()));
// last(model()) is your new box
The Following User Says Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
naren nataraj (11-21-2011)
Old 11-21-2011
Flexsim User

Thanks a lot Jorg...

I have tried your suggestion.. I have two more question now..

1. If I use a User event and set the repeat time as 1440 mins ( 24hr * 60 ) it is creating items at 8.00 am every day.. but I dont want items to be created on saturday & Sunday.. any help on how to do that..

2. Is it easy to set itemtypes by this approach as I have 4 itemtypes and each come on a particular day.

Thanks once again Jorg..
Old 11-21-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

you can divert your items on saturday and sunday direct to a sink.

You can change the itemtypes on every trigger. To find the right itemtype build a counter, which counts the days, and set the itemtypes from a table.
I use the modulo operator in a switch-structure to repeat settings.

switch((counted_days % 7))
{
case 1:
{ ...
break;}
case 2:
{ ...
break;}
default: // the seventh day
{ ...
;}
}

Jörg
The Following User Says Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
naren nataraj (11-21-2011)
Old 11-21-2011
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe a different approach:
Use a source with an arrival schedule to generate an item every morning but not on saturday and sunday. This product goes throug a seperator that generates the right amount of items based on table or distribution (use the "split or unpack quantity trigger")
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steven Hamoen For This Useful Post:
naren nataraj (11-21-2011), Sebastian Hemmann (11-22-2011)
Old 11-21-2011
Flexsim User

Hi Jorg & Steve

I tried both the approaches and both works fine..

It was good learning from you guys..

Thanks a lot Jorg & Steve