ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 05-27-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Allan Schiotz is on a distinguished road
Default Level Of Detail (LOD) questions

Hi.

I have read the User manual about Level of Detail, and am trying to get it to work – but without luck.

I need it to make both flowtime object and static objects (like processors).

I can make the different 3D models, but do not know where to place them, or how to make FlexSim ‘call them’. I understand that I have to make a text lds/lrl file to control this, but I don´t know where or how to connect the file to the 3D model(s).

Is ‘Setframe’ the way to go? I have tried working with different models in ‘Setframe’, but am not sure if this is the way to import the LOD fines, and how to connect the text file to them.

All help will be appreciated.
Old 05-28-2015
FlexSim Geek

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1
Carsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Schiotz View Post
I can make the different 3D models, but do not know where to place them, or how to make FlexSim ‘call them’. I understand that I have to make a text lds/lrl file to control this, but I don´t know where or how to connect the file to the 3D model(s).

Hi Allan,

it's quite simple. FlexSim search those LOD-files based on the name of the origin file. Because of that the files have to be in the same folder as the origin file and the name of LOD-files have to be correct. That's it.

I've used it in the past but the current graphics engine of FlexSim is very mighty. Because of that the gain is very small and I'm no longer using this feature.

Greetings
Carsten
Old 06-01-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Allan Schiotz is on a distinguished road

Hi Carsten

thank you for the reply.

Should the text lds/lrl file, also just be in the same folder, or do I need to point to this somewhere?

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sending item to particular rack level FilipOdwazny Q&A 12 08-06-2014 12:37 AM
Getting the Box Plot with the confidence level David Chan FlexSim HC: Tips & Techniques 0 07-25-2014 10:00 PM
Taking Fluid elements to the next level brett forbes Q&A 1 07-18-2012 06:28 PM
Empty level in rack Manoj Kumar Q&A 3 02-01-2012 05:27 AM
Dynamic Rack Bay & Level shashanktrivedi Q&A 3 06-03-2011 02:30 AM