ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 01-31-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 0
Lucie Lerivrey is on a distinguished road
Default Problem with Flexchart and saved models

I updated to Flexsim 5.0. a few days ago, and I notice an error with Flexchart.
It now shows errors when trying to show some of the graphs (from Object comparison to Flowitem Gantt Chart). I attached a screenshot of the error (the error is not always for “Content History”, it depends of the graph). These errors happen with new databases as well as with with old ones.

I also noticed a few changes when opening a saved model. First of all, the views that were active when saving the model do not open “automatically”. And, if there are Global tables or GUIs or other tools in the model, they do not appear in the menu, you have to create a new one other the menu to update.

I imagine these errors are linked to the update but maybe I'm wrong. What could I do to avoid them ?

Thanks for your help !
Attached Files
File Type: zip ErrorFlexchart.zip (24.6 KB, 139 views)
Old 01-31-2011
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

You can avoid your open model issues by opening your model from within Flexsim itself rather than double-clicking on the model file.

Double-clicking model files in 5.1.0 is not properly calling the open model scripts. This issue will be resolved in 5.1.2 that is due out this week.

Your issue with Flexsim Chart may be something else entirely though, such as trying to run through an emulator on a Mac (your screenshot seems to have been taken with a Mac).
The Following User Says Thank You to Phil BoBo For This Useful Post:
Lucie Lerivrey (01-31-2011)
Old 01-31-2011
Flexsim User

Ok for the open files, indeed it works fine when I open the file from Flexsim.

However, regarding the Flexsim chart problem, I do run Flexsim on an emulator, but the first time this error appeared was on a PC with Windows XP, and the 12 people I was training got the error, too.
Old 01-31-2011
Flexsim Senior Developer

Downloads: 8
AJ Bobo is a jewel in the roughAJ Bobo is a jewel in the roughAJ Bobo is a jewel in the roughAJ Bobo is a jewel in the rough

I can't duplicate the Flexsim Chart error message that you are seeing. Can you post a model that displays this error, along with instructions that explain how I can duplicate it? Thanks.
Old 02-01-2011
Flexsim User

I've posted a model that displays the error, and also the .mdb file.

The error occurs when I try to view a chart, for example Object Time Plot, variables= Content history, Object = Queue2.
The first 3 options are fine (Summary report, State report and Object Comparison)

It also displays the error .mdb that I generated with the previous version, and with which I had no problem at the time.

Thanks for your help !
Attached Files
File Type: zip TestFlexchart.zip (50.0 KB, 133 views)
Old 02-02-2011
Flexsim User

I installed the 5.1.2 version, and the error doesn't appear anymore.

Thanks for the new version and the bug fixing !

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Flexsim HC Models Bill Nordgren Product Announcements 0 06-30-2010 02:02 PM
Section 3 Models Malcolm Beaverstock Flexsim Student Forum 0 01-06-2010 09:23 PM
Big Models - How big and what hardware Kenny Macleod Pre-sales Questions 3 10-01-2008 10:38 AM
Importing OpenFlight models Kenny Macleod Q&A 2 08-27-2008 03:43 PM
Working model not saved when we "Open" model David Chan Gripes and Goodies 0 08-21-2008 03:10 AM