ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 07-04-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 0
syseo has a spectacular aura aboutsyseo has a spectacular aura about
Default How to control the size of component item in Combiner

I want to know how to control the sizr of component item in the combiner object OnEntry trigger.

I attach the shot of my control result in the case of followed code OnEntry trigger.

treenode item = parnode(1);
treenode current = ownerobject(c);
int port = parval(2);
{ //************* PickOption Start *************\\
/***popup:SetSizeLocRot:hasitem=1*/
/***tag:name*//**Set Size*/
setsize(item,1,1,1);
setloc(item,0,0,1);
/**\n\n*/
} //******* PickOption End *******\\

I want to do same default size (0.6x0.6x0.3) two items as two layer of red & blue.
And the two items of the blue on the red should be moved to the center line of combiner and next conveyor.
How can I control it?

And I want to know how to do control the size & location of the port1 item and other component items size and location.

Is there another way?

I need anyone's help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	CombinerItemSizeControl.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	1844  
Attached Files
File Type: fsm CombinerItemSizeTest.fsm (149.4 KB, 90 views)
Old 07-04-2012
Flexsim Canada, Forum Moderator

Downloads: 54
Uploads: 1
Kris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud of

Since you are using a using a Combiner in Pack mode, it is easier to use a Pallet flowitem, or a copy of it. The Pallet flowitem has a nochildscale attribute and an OnReceive event function that will do what you want.

In the attached model I went to the flowitem bin and clicked on the Pallet, then on New Item to make a copy of it. I then changed the 3d shape and size of the new flowitem to match the Box. I left an expanded tree view of this new flowitem open so you can see the nodes I was referring to in the previous paragraph.

No code required in the OnEntry.

I hope this is what you are looking for.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm CombinerItemSizeTest_KG.fsm (38.4 KB, 99 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Kris Geisberger For This Useful Post:
syseo (07-04-2012)
Old 07-04-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 0
syseo has a spectacular aura aboutsyseo has a spectacular aura about
Default Thank you Kris. I found the solution same with your answer. But I have another problem.

The real problem is followed.

Items are filled on Pallette or Tote. This is combining.
The combined pallette or tote should be combined again like your answer in line.
The blue box on pallette on Red box on pallette is that.

And after a processing, two combined item to upper and lower should be separated again red box on pallette and blue box on pallette.
And then red box should be separeted and blue box should be separated.
And then red and blue box disappear to sink and pallette re-enter the line.

I made the model.
And two items combined in first are good. Red box and Blue Box on pallette are good like your guide.
But when second combining, the blue box and red box are overlapped with same location like one box. ANd red and blue are displayed with exchanged.

What's the problem?
Old 07-04-2012
Flexsim Canada, Forum Moderator

Downloads: 54
Uploads: 1
Kris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud of

I'm guessing you didn't remove the OnEntry code you had before, that would make your pallets overlap.

I foresee you are going to have issues with the first separation next. I have attached a model that shows one possible solution.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm double combine double separate.fsm (49.0 KB, 94 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Kris Geisberger For This Useful Post:
syseo (07-04-2012)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how to control the output flow item in Comniner... syseo Q&A 2 07-07-2011 08:43 PM
The way to use item label in Combiner object... syseo Q&A 2 05-05-2011 04:25 PM
array size juan alberto Q&A 0 12-21-2010 03:03 AM
Question about item (truck) size/spacing? Jamie Santa Ana Container Terminal (CT) Library 2 09-25-2009 10:25 AM
Set Window position and size Nico Zahn Q&A 5 09-03-2008 02:09 PM