ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Tips and Tricks
Downloads

Tips and Tricks Share helpful modeling ideas

Old 08-18-2015
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 74
Uploads: 0
David Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura about
Default ShadowPlay

Hi

Anyone has used Shadowplay to do any recording of the FlexSim model?

I tried to set-up but it did not record. I might have missed out something. Anyone should share how to setup the application for recording?

Thanks

David
Old 08-18-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 12
mark.gormley has a spectacular aura aboutmark.gormley has a spectacular aura about

Hi David,

I have, but I had to set ShadowPlay to "Allow desktop capture" in the preferences in order to get it to record. This then records a whole screen rather than a window

Mark
The Following User Says Thank You to mark.gormley For This Useful Post:
David Chan (08-18-2015)
Old 08-21-2015
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 74
David Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura about

Mark

I have been to get it working for the past few days. But it failed. I get the FPS counter display but I can't get the status indicator display. There is nothing when I press the button to start the recording. My display is already in full screen.

Where do you set "Allow desktop cature?" (I found it)

I am using GE 2.5.13.6. and Geforce driver 355.6.

I have tried all sort of solution suggested from the internet by restarting the service but it still do not work. I am run out of wiz to get it working. Any suggestion?

David

Last edited by David Chan; 08-21-2015 at 04:31 AM. Reason: Update
Old 09-01-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 12
mark.gormley has a spectacular aura aboutmark.gormley has a spectacular aura about

Hi David,

I haven't been using the FPS or status indicators, I have my settings as per the attached screenshots.
I am using manual mode to record, so I just press Alt+F9 to start/stop and the videos appear in the selected folder (which can be accessed by pressing the folder icon in the shadowplay GUI). When the screen recording is active the green buttons on the mode and quality buttons go grey

Hope this helps,

Mark
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	GeForce Experience.png
Views:	595
Size:	152.1 KB
ID:	3015   Click image for larger version
Name:	shadowplay.png
Views:	601
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	3016  
Old 09-14-2015
Flexsim Consultant, Super Moderator

Downloads: 352
Uploads: 6
Ben Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightBen Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightBen Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightBen Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightBen Wilson is a glorious beacon of light

It looks like ShadowPlay is for NVIDIA GPUs only.

If you're looking for a solution that will work for any graphics hardware, you could try OBS - Open Broadcaster Software. It is a free, open source software for live streaming and recording.

I've been using it for video capture for a few weeks now and it works well.

I'm not qualified for a comparison with ShadowPlay, as I've never tried that application. If anyone wants to chine in with some pros and cons, that would be great.

But at least for you non-NVIDIA GPU users out there, here is one alternative.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ben Wilson For This Useful Post:
Sung Kim (09-15-2015)

Tags
recording, shadowplay