ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Product Announcements
Downloads

Product Announcements New releases of the software

Old 02-02-2012
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute
Default FlexSim 6 Beta

FlexSim 6 Beta is available. If you would like to check out the new features and help us test it, you can get it from the Account section of the website.

Please post any bugs/issues you find (please no new feature requests) to this thread

================================================== =============================
Release Notes

--- Flexsim 6.0.0 (February 2012) ---
* Enhanced the experimenter to use multiple cores.
* Added a new web browser GUI widget.
* Added a new Dashboard window with HTML5 canvas statistics graphs.
* Redesigned the experimenter interface to integrate the new statistics objects.
* Added new experiment variable options "number of objects in group" and "number of task executers."
* Developed web accessibility: Opening, configuring, running, and viewing models over the web (using a web browser or handheld device).
* Added a new AutoCAD dwg importer.
* Added model units and conversion windows. When building a new model, a screen will ask you what model units you will be using. When updating an old model, a screen will ask you what model units were used to build the old model. These settings are stored in the Tools folder of the model.
* Modified the picklist and trigger gui widgets to be easier to use.
* Created a new node datatype (DATATYPE_BUNDLE) for storing large amount of information efficiently (see documentation of bundle commands).
* Implemented a way to package media (3d shapes and bitmaps) into the model file so that you only need to distribute one file instead of a whole directory of files.
* Added an embedded command documentation window that can be opened by highlighting a command and pressing F1 in the code window or tree view.
* Added a Flexscript call stack to the debugger.
* Added a step-in function for Flexscript user commands and nodefunctions in the debugger.
* Added a logic builder interface for writing Flexscript logic without writing code. (You can change the default editor back to Code by unchecking 'File > Global Preferences > Environment > Use Logic Builder by Default'.)
* Enhanced the flexibility of pull logic and added a new pullitem() command for use in the Pull Strategy trigger.
* Improved templates to allow for popup gui windows on pick list options.
* Added a mechanism for multiple state profiles.
* Changed tables to always show the headers despite scrolling.
* Fixed a bug that was messing up the save operation when out of memory.
* Toggled the large-address-aware switch so that Flexsim can allocate more memory.
* Added floor() and ceil() commands.
* Added a switch for hashing the node's subnodes' names for quick lookup.
* Added a right-click menu option in the Labels tab so that labels' values are set on reset. This option is checked by default.
* Other various fixes from the development list.

**backwards compatibility note: the following changes may slightly change the way updated models behave**
* Fixed a critical bug in curved network length calculations.
* Fixed issues with gettenetnode() and distancetotravel() on TEs that use "do not travel offsets and block network space."
* Made a change to distancetotravel() to base the "back-to-node" distance on the center of the object instead of the object's location.
* Changed pulling to no longer override the send-to. Now both send-to and pull must check out to transfer a flowitem.
* Changed receiveitem() so that it doesn't behave as if it were pulling.
* Made the Rack's OnEntry trigger fire before evaluating the dwell time.
* Explicitly set the processor float rounding mode for consistent results in compatibility mode.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Phil BoBo For This Useful Post:
Yale Zhang (02-03-2012)
Old 02-05-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0
Cao Guoquan is on a distinguished road

Hi Phil,
When add/edit the triggers,The edit view covers the Edit button.
So,some will habitually select the wrong button above.

I guess it will be better to change the default width of the view as follow.

Similar to the 5 version.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	bug1_4.png
Views:	2056
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	1646   Click image for larger version
Name:	bug1_5.png
Views:	2091
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	1647   Click image for larger version
Name:	bug1_3.jpg
Views:	2085
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	1648  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cao Guoquan For This Useful Post:
syseo (02-08-2012)
Old 02-06-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 9
shivrash is on a distinguished road

I too agree with Cao..

Also provide the options to edit the code as Flexsim 5...
Old 02-06-2012
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 278
Uploads: 2
Lars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to behold

Hi shivrash,

You can still use the old way to edit code.

See this point in the release note:
* Added a logic builder interface for writing Flexscript logic without writing code. (You can change the default editor back to Code by unchecking 'File > Global Preferences > Environment > Use Logic Builder by Default'.)

Lars-Olof
Old 02-07-2012
Flexsim Consultant, Super Moderator

Downloads: 352
Uploads: 6
Ben Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightBen Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightBen Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightBen Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightBen Wilson is a glorious beacon of light

Found a couple of bugs.

do the following to duplicate a rack problem:

1) drag out a rack
2) go to the size table tab
3) push apply
4) view the weirdness (bay width and level location say "object" - who knows what else is happening)

next issue, node save as:

1) right click an object in the tree
2) node>save node as..
3) choose to save as xml
4) get the following error:

Saving was unsuccessful. You may not have permission

to change the file, or you may be out of memory.
Old 02-07-2012
LINWEIXU

Downloads:
Uploads:

how to "Developed web accessibility: Opening, configuring, running, and viewing models over the web (using a web browser or handheld device)." I do not find it in user manual.
Old 02-08-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 439
syseo has a spectacular aura aboutsyseo has a spectacular aura about
Default Time Table User Interface should be modified

When making the time table expanded to drag the right bottom corner, the grid panel covers the fields like attached captured file.
Attached Thumbnails
Name:	Timetable GUI error.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	182.4 KB
ID:	1656  
Old 02-08-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 58
Lucie Lerivrey is on a distinguished road

Hi,

The new version is looking really good. Thanks a lot!

I found a little dug or didn't find how to do something, in the dashboard, you create costum variables, I didn't find how to modify the costum variable in the Dashboard interface. I had to delete it and create a new one with the modification.
Old 02-08-2012
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucie Lerivrey View Post
I found a little dug or didn't find how to do something, in the dashboard, you create costum variables, I didn't find how to modify the costum variable in the Dashboard interface. I had to delete it and create a new one with the modification.
You can double-click a dashboard widget to reopen its Properties window. You can also right-click and select Edit Graph Settings.
Old 02-08-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 13
Cao Guoquan is on a distinguished road

Flexscript Code Profile bug

It will always trigger the breakpoint in VIEW & MAIN when enable the Flexscript Code Profile. Such as click the Reset button on Panel,open the Object’s Properties and so on.
Old 02-09-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 439
syseo has a spectacular aura aboutsyseo has a spectacular aura about
Default Edit button in Break Tab to be fixed

When adding and editing MTBF MTTR Time table, the edit button is not activated.

Any response does not happen.
Attached Thumbnails
Name:	Break TimeTable Edit button to be fixed.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	1660  
Old 02-09-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 58
Lucie Lerivrey is on a distinguished road

The problem is in the widgets property window, in the "Statistics" tab, I didn´t find how to go back the edit windows that appears when you select Custom statistic, it should also be posible to edit the code of a standard statistic, I guess. I attached a screenshot of the window.
Attached Thumbnails
Name:	List.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	1664   Click image for larger version
Name:	Create.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	1665  
The Following User Says Thank You to Lucie Lerivrey For This Useful Post:
Phil BoBo (02-09-2012)
Old 02-10-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 30
Danny Pavan will become famous soon enoughDanny Pavan will become famous soon enough

There is an issue with the Experimenter Scenarios Tab. When choosing the variable, if you select Object Label, when it comes to selecting the object, the scroll down list does not allow you to see the right part of the name that extends beyond the width of the scroll window. I haven't found a way to expand the width of the scroll window.
Old 02-10-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 30
Danny Pavan will become famous soon enoughDanny Pavan will become famous soon enough

The new functionality of the labels resetting themselves is really nice as it eliminates the need for code in the OnReset trigger.

I have encountered a problem when using the experimenter. If one of the experiment variables is an object label, the experimenter can't manipulate the value of the label if the labels are set to auto reset.

To use the label in the experiment, I need to go to the object, turn off the auto reset for the labels and then add code in the OnReset trigger to reset the values of the non-experiment labels.

Can't the experimenter manipulate the label values after they have been autoreset?
Old 02-10-2012
Flexsim User

JMEngelhart is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Great Work

I like what I see so far. We need to get our Dynamo libaries updated since the way they handled model units was different an conflicts.

Additional things I would still like to see:
1) Recent Files list (Under the File menu)
2) Under Edit Selected Objects -Copy from Highlighted - Variables
- It would be really nice to see the variable grouped. Even if it was only by the tab of the object, it would make locating them in the list Sooo much faster. Expecially when you are using one that you don't use regularly.

Incredible amount of work you did on V6. Can't wait to use the new AutoCAD interface.
Jim
Old 02-10-2012
Flexsim User

JMEngelhart is on a distinguished road
Smile One more thing desired...

Of course, there is always "one more thing".
I would love a way to link things together so that they move as one object similar to how they do when selected (red).

For example. I have a series of conveyors. Once I have them all connected and in position, if I move one, I want the entire group of them to move so that they stay in the correct relationship to each other.

Oh, and world peace...
Old 02-11-2012
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

If you find and replace strings with an empty string (to perform a delete) Flexsim hangs when trying to open the listed code edits.

Last edited by Jason Lightfoot; 02-12-2012 at 09:11 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Lightfoot For This Useful Post:
Phil BoBo (02-13-2012)
Old 02-13-2012
Travis Hill

Downloads: 23
thill is on a distinguished road
Default Couple of bugs

Found a couple of bugs so far.

The default fluid units is not being saved when set in the global preferences.

If you add any control to the dashboard and then click on control. It appears to put another control in its place or over the top of it. See the attachment for an image of the result. In the image a State Bar was added, but it seems to happen with any control.
Attached Thumbnails
Name:	Flexsim 6 bug.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	7.4 KB
ID:	1669  
Old 02-13-2012
Travis Hill

Downloads: 23
thill is on a distinguished road
Default F1 Command Help bug

A similar control issue that occurs in the Dashboard (see my previous post) is occurring with the new F1 command help feature. Looks like both issues may be related to the new web browser control.
Attached Thumbnails
Name:	CommandHelp.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	1670  
Old 02-14-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 1
Daniele Sasia is on a distinguished road
Default Experimenter issues

I found some issues in the experimenter.

When I select the option “Save state after each replication” (in the Experiment Run tab), many of the times only few runs are simulated and the experiment is not completed (I have a 4-core processor and only the first 4 replications are correctly executed, then the experimenter stops). However in the model directory I found all the state files, even those related to the replications which have not been executed.

I also tried to write some code in the experiment trigger (Advanced tab) but I realize that my instructions are not executed. Moreover some times, when I close and reopen the experiment GUI, the code disappears.

Thank you all!

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Flexsim 5 Beta Anthony Johnson Product Announcements 47 10-26-2011 11:08 AM
Version 4.5 Beta Phil BoBo Product Announcements 19 12-26-2008 04:53 PM