ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 08-20-2009
Jill Speece

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
jspeece is on a distinguished road
Default Animate using flow nodes?

Is it possible to center flow nodes in an object? I imported a 3D shape for a queue but I would like to simulate the flow of product through the shape and I am not sure how. I have been experimenting with flow nodes which kinda works but I am not able to center the flow nodes entry and exit in the right spots (see picture). Is this a good way to simulate motion or is there a better way?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	M Bridge.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	172.8 KB
ID:	761  
Old 08-20-2009
The Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6
Brandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant future

???,

Please fill out the about me section of your profile. It helps the forum function a little better when we know who we're helping and who is helping us. also, what is your name?

If you want to animate items through an object there are two ways that I have done this in the past. The first is to use kinematics and the second is to use standard objects.

The problem with kinematics is that it is code intensive and somewhat hard to grasp if you have never done it before. The plus side is that it allows for great control and it doesn't rely on extra objects. If you are new I would not recommend this.

If you want to continue to use standard objects then I would recommend using a conveyor instead of the flow nodes. The conveyor is easier to control than the flow nodes and shouldn't give you the problem with the offsets. You can hide the shape of the conveyor by unchecking the Show 3D shape box in the General tab of the conveyor's GUI and you can zero the z height of your objects by setting the z location of the conveyor to -1 or by setting the z offset to -1.

Good Luck,
Brandon

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sorting a list of nodes in the tree Ben Wilson Tips and Tricks 3 02-27-2013 07:10 AM
Connecting network nodes in different containers KelvinHo Q&A 1 05-28-2008 06:49 AM
Setting the side offset for all nodes in the model Brandon Peterson Tips and Tricks 0 04-28-2008 11:15 AM
Accessing Data of a Recorder and Referencing Nodes in the Tree Jan Brandau Q&A 5 04-22-2008 07:05 AM
Find all nodes toggled as C++ Brandon Peterson Tips and Tricks 0 04-18-2008 03:36 PM