ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 08-06-2009
LINWEIXU

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default one question about tasksequence priority?

the priority of this example does not action?
Attached Files
File Type: zip ts6.zip (35.1 KB, 248 views)
Old 08-07-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 47
Tom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant future
Default Tasksequence Priority

In my eyes you struggle with something different and not with the tasksequence priority. Your problem is, that you only create two tasksequences per time.

The priority of a tasksequence only comes into account, if there are several tasksequences where can be choosen from. Then the taskexecuter will take the one with the higher priority, which is the lower value.
In your model the first tasksequence is created it given to the operator. So he starts to work on this tasksequence. The next tasksequence is created at the same time, but after the first one. So this tasksequence is put into the tasksequence queue of the operator. You can see this in the variables tree of the Operator.
No additional tasksequence will be generated in the Queues, because the items can not leave because the downstream object (Processor) is not ready to receive the item.
So acutally you only have one active tasksequence and one queued tasksequence.
If the operator finished the first tasksequence he will take the second tasksequence from the queue. Now the third tasksequence will be created and put into his tasksequence queue.
That's the reason why your priorty is not working.

To prove this you can test your model and increase the capacity of the Processors to 2 (Maximum Content). Than you have more tasksequences and they get sorted by the priorty.

All stuff this stuff I teach in my training classes. Maybe you should join one ...
Old 08-07-2009
LINWEIXU

Downloads:
Uploads:
Thumbs up

thank you , i will take the training By flexsim company in china In November ,if you come to china ,I surely take your classes.Welcome to china
can you give me some introdution and some models and some ppt about you class? ? my email is: lineweixu168(at)163.com

Last edited by Brandon Peterson; 08-07-2009 at 08:54 AM. Reason: modified email address so that the poster does not get spam
Old 08-07-2009
LINWEIXU

Downloads:
Uploads:

DO you know how to get total number of tasksequence?
Old 08-07-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 47
Tom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant future

I think the tutorial in the manual is always a good start to work with Flexsim.
There are several models in the Download Section, where you can learn from. I already posted 40 models. Try to understand what the models are doing and in my models is always a description about the models.
My training material is in German and English and it took me quite some time to prepare it and also to build the models and keep everything up-to-date. I am really good in sharing (see in the download section), but I did not share my training material. I did it in the past and then someone used my material to give a training class. That's the moment I stoped giving away these files, because I did not like it, what is understandable, I guess.
But I think there are a lot of other sources where you can learn about Flexsim (Manual, Forum, etc.).
And it looks like that the Flexsim Textbook is nearly finished. I am pretty sure this will be a really great source for learning Flexsim.
http://www.flexsim.com/index/announc...k_preview6.pdf
http://www.flexsim.com/index/announc...ok_summary.pdf

One note beside: I would not post my email address in the forum, because I would think you will get lots of junk and spam mails.

To your question:
The total number of tasksequences are the content of node activetasksequence which is normally 1 if there are some more in the tasksequencequeue plus the ones in the tasksequencequeue. So it is content of activetasksequence plus content of tasksequencequeue.
content(node(">variables/activetasksequence",current)) + content(node(">variables/tasksequencequeue",current))
I hope I did not forget a bracket or something, because I just wrote the code out of my head.
Old 08-07-2009
LINWEIXU

Downloads:
Uploads:

I think you are good flexsim teacher,thank you
Old 08-07-2009
CN biggest Sim***** *****

Downloads: 70
Uploads: 0
zhouzheng is on a distinguished road
Talking

Nice book
When is Flexsim Textbook available, can we buy it ??

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
one question about tasksequence? LINWEIXU Q&A 12 08-12-2009 08:01 PM
I have a "priority" question Li Chin Q&A 6 09-15-2008 08:11 AM
Operator not unloading items before picking up priority items Howe Chiat Cheng Q&A 2 05-28-2008 02:05 AM
I have a problem about " priority" Vic Li Q&A 0 03-20-2008 06:31 AM
Remove a tasksequence from a tasksequencequeue? AlanZhang Q&A 11 10-19-2007 03:50 PM