ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 05-21-2010
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Uploads: 0
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Merging xml libraries

In Flexsim 5 when developing libraries there is the option to work with XML and that way be able to work with multiple people on 1 library. We are doing that right now but when I tried to merge them together I got quite some conflicts. But when trying to solve those in some cases I couldn't really understand what the difference was between the two options so it was quite difficult to decide to keep the "mine" or "theirs" function. So my question is if there is a (small ) tutorial on how to read the xml file?

For instance lines like these 2:
<node f="42-0"><name>command</name>
<node f="40-0"><name></name></node>

I have some idea but what is the 42 or 40 mean because sometime that was the only difference.
Old 05-21-2010
Manager of Product Development

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4
Anthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

In the user's manual XML topic, if you follow the link to Flexsim's xml schema, there are quite a few comments included in the schema, including an explanation of the "f" attribute, which defines flags. It looks like the difference is f="42-0" means the node is selected in red, where for f="40-0" it's not.
Old 05-21-2010
Manager of Product Development

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4
Anthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

An addendum to my previous comment: as I look at the xml schema documentation I realize it's erroneous. The 32 bit field is actually the number on the right, whereas the 8-bit field is the number on the left. And the schema doesn't say what 0x2 means. The 0x2 bit tells the node that it is a "regular" node visible in the tree, and it's not a "branch" node. The branch nodes are not visible in the tree and are "list heads". I don't think that you should have any conflicts with the 0x2 bit, because that's kind of managed by Flexsim, and as long as the basic structure of the trees are the same, the 0x2 bit should be the same.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Johnson For This Useful Post:
Steven Hamoen (05-22-2010)

Tags
library, tutorial, xml