ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 09-20-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 0
Vadim Fooks will become famous soon enough
Default OnArrival trigger fires twice when TE moves into container

Ladies and Gentlemen,
I have encountered some odd behavior of the OnArrival trigger of the network node.
It appears that when TE transitions from a network node outside a container to a network node inside a container, the OnArrival trigger is called twice, once for /<TaskExecuter> and then, once more for /<Container>/<TaskExecuter>

This undesired behavior is reasonably easy to address in my model, but understanding a root cause would be interesting.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm chase_in_aisle.fsm (203.0 KB, 116 views)
Old 09-21-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Uploads: 0
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

as far as I know the OnArrival and the OnContinue Triggers are fired twice because after TE arrived a Networknode it´s leaving the Networknode at first to Offset (even if this function is turned off) and than arrives from Offset again to leave the Networknode allong the path. I solved this by using the different Edges connected to the Networknode. Offset allways got edge 0. There are commands like "toedge" and "fromedge" to find out more ;-)

I tryed to show you this in the small example model.
Hope this was helpful !?
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Networknode_Tryout.fsm (40.3 KB, 105 views)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I can't change the value of 'Moves per Hour' 30 (default value) in Ship Schedule of the Berth Planner. syseo Container Terminal (CT) Library 3 10-05-2012 10:40 AM
What is the calculating formula of Working % and Net Moves Per Hour in CT? syseo Container Terminal (CT) Library 2 02-11-2011 07:08 PM
Yard Container Count Jamie Santa Ana Container Terminal (CT) Library 6 12-22-2009 07:02 PM
Robot places onto tray as it moves on conveyor Sean Browning Q&A 3 10-17-2008 08:58 PM
Visual tool as a container qs Paul Dowling Q&A 2 08-20-2007 07:53 PM