ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 06-18-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Gavin Douglas is on a distinguished road
Default Transparent or Semi-Transparent Texture Please

I want Flexsim to render an object in a semi-transparent way. It can’t be totally invisible- I want the object to be yellow but be able to see through it. I'm using the GIMP to edit my texture and I’m no texture artist. Any help?
Old 06-18-2008
FlexSim Consultant

Downloads: 23
Uploads: 0
Dustin Derrick is a jewel in the roughDustin Derrick is a jewel in the roughDustin Derrick is a jewel in the roughDustin Derrick is a jewel in the rough

To make an object semi see through, you will need to do the following.

1)Make a gray .jpg (the darker the color, the more see through the item will be) and save this file. (Black = see through, White = not see through)
2)Make a copy of this file and rename the file to be a .tpg instead of a .jpg (however, make sure that the name is the same.)
3)Now, in AC3D set the color of the object to be what you want it to be (in your case yellow)
4)And finally load the texture you just created (the .jpg) onto the object.
5)And of course, last of all you will need to export this object as a wrl or a VRML1 in AC3D

This should allow your object to be see through.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dustin Derrick For This Useful Post:
Brandon Peterson (06-18-2008)
Old 06-18-2008
The Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6
Brandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant future

Gavin,

You can also use the texturebox.wrl file as your texture and then set it's texture to the one that Dustin had you make. This would cause the box to be semi see through.

Brandon

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Read strings separated with a semi-colon from an Ascii file Tom David Q&A 4 03-15-2010 01:24 PM
3d Object Showing Up as a Texture Gavin Douglas Q&A 8 06-17-2008 01:45 PM
Can transparent effect be added in the object? KelvinHo Q&A 3 03-18-2008 10:12 PM