ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Flexsim Student Forum
Downloads

Flexsim Student Forum Forum for discussion for Flexsim Students using the Flexsim Textbook.

Old 02-11-2016
Victoria Davila

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0
Default Machine DT

Does this value affect whatever Operator Type (resource) is attached to the resource?
Old 02-19-2016
Adarsh Jeyes

Downloads: 3
Default Does machine downtime affect attached resource?

Hey Victoria,

I've created a sample model that gives some insight into what happens to the resource's state during the workstation's downtime.

It seems that the operator is in the 'utilized' state during the processor's downtime, because that was the last state/activity assigned to the operator before the workstation broke down, and during breakdown, the part is still in the workstation .

I've added a dashboard to make this clear.

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for.

Also, I guess FlexSim Development team should add an option to change the state of the operator to something along the lines of 'waiting for workstation to be repaired' (or simply, 'idle') in such a scenario.

If there is already such an option, please let me know.

Thanks and Regards,
Adarsh J.
Old 02-19-2016
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Changing utilize state while downtime of a fixed resource

Hello Adarsh,

the idea to change the state of a working operator at a machine works already. I see no problem to change the state. Even you can do it on your own. You can change the source code in the properties of mtbf/mttr. The obstacle is to know which operator works at the machine. But I think there is already a thread here to identify the operator for this. One possible way is to modify the utilize tasksequence to send a message to the machine and store the operator's reference in a table, label or just a node.
But changing the state simply to idle isn't enough. The operator could work somewhere else. That becomes a bit tricky. The current utilize tasksequence has to be send to a tasksequencequeue. The operator has to be freed.
All these tasks has to be in the source code, too - maybe as a template.

Jörg
Old 02-19-2016
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

here some hints to the above method. I insert the message task in the passTo-Function of a dispatcher.
Code:
treenode tasksequence = parnode(1);
treenode current = ownerobject(c);
/**First Available*/
/** \nAdd as Task no. 4 a msg-task to identify the working operator at station*/
// ** added block start
treenode ts = tasksequence;
treenode station = gettaskinvolved(ts,2,1);
inserttask(ts,TASKTYPE_SENDMESSAGE,station,NULL,0,0,0,0);
setrank(last(ts),4);
// ** block end
return 0;
In the OnMessage Trigger of the Processor I set a label called "operator" to the value of its reference. The reference I get with the command "msgsendingobject()".
Code:
setlabelnum(current,"operator",tonum(operator));
In the Down Function of the MTBF/MTTR Tool I insert a line of Source code to evaluate that reference at the Processor's label ("downobject") and change the state of the involved operator.
Code:
// change operators state
setstate(tonode(getlabelnum(downobject,"operator")),STATE_WAITING);
The same code is used at the Resume Function with a different state. Normally I don't write the state as a number, I write the state "STATE_WAITING". Flexsim's code editor suggests states with the next character "X" after the underscore "STATE_X". The code has to be previous to the return command.

Jörg
Attached Files
File Type: fsm identifyProcessOperatorV7.fsm (30.3 KB, 521 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
sagar bolisetti (02-19-2016)
Old 02-20-2016
Jing Chen

Downloads: 2

Hi everyone.
Jörg's model is very helpful and inspire me considering about more particular situations.
My attatched model is updated based on Jörg's and focus on fixing 2 bugs.
One of them is when the operator has still no arrived in Processor, Down Function of the MTBF/MTTR may change the state of operator in advance. Another is Down Function of the MTBF/MTTR may set WAITING state to the wrong operator.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm IdentifyProcessOperatorV7.5_chj.fsm (33.1 KB, 516 views)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Modelling machine wear out with MTBF. José Soares Q&A 2 12-21-2015 01:23 AM
Running Flexsim on a Virtual machine Kenny Macleod Pre-sales Questions 5 08-30-2013 01:24 AM
Is there a way to add dynamic labels on an item or a machine ? mearjun Q&A 6 10-23-2012 11:03 AM
Preempting for machine breakdown Martijn van Oostenbrugge Q&A 4 10-15-2008 01:49 AM
Machine breakdown using Operators Nico Zahn Q&A 8 07-13-2008 03:07 AM