ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 02-23-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 20
Uploads: 0
naren nataraj is on a distinguished road
Default Modify process time based on number of operators

Hi,

I have a situation where a processor needs (at max) 2 operators to work on it. The process time changes with the number of operators working.

If 1 operator works, there is some process time for the processor. When the 2nd operator comes, whatever processing time is left on the processor at that instant, that needs to be halved.

Ex. Processor processing time = 50 min (for 1 operator)
Op. 2 comes after 10 min.
Time left = 40 min.
New process time required = 40/2 = 20 min.

Need some help on the above.

Thanks.
Old 02-23-2012
Flexsim Consultant

Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

There are different approaches to doing this. One of them (experimental) is here.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Lightfoot For This Useful Post:
naren nataraj (02-23-2012)
Old 02-23-2012
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 12
Martijn van Oostenbrugge is a name known to allMartijn van Oostenbrugge is a name known to allMartijn van Oostenbrugge is a name known to allMartijn van Oostenbrugge is a name known to allMartijn van Oostenbrugge is a name known to allMartijn van Oostenbrugge is a name known to all

I used a different approach once. On the OnResourceAvailable of the second operator I checked if another process needed an operator (had several Processors). On each Processor kept the EndProcesTime in a label. Created a task sequence (travel, message, utilize) for the operator. On the message I destroyed the event on the Processor and created a new one based on the new (remaining) process time. You have to be sure then that the second operator gets in time to the processor otherwise it would be no use calling for the operator.

Martijn
The Following User Says Thank You to Martijn van Oostenbrugge For This Useful Post:
naren nataraj (02-23-2012)
Old 02-23-2012
Flexsim User

naren nataraj is on a distinguished road

Hi,

"On the message I destroyed the event on the Processor and created a new one based on the new (remaining) process time."

How do you get at what time the operator is coming to the new processor?

Thanks Jason. Can you provide some explanation or some simpler model on the same. Basically, I just need the time when the 2nd operator is coming to help the first one. If I get that, I can reduce the time as per my requirements.
Old 02-23-2012
Flexsim Consultant

Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

Look at the processor label called "processdurations" as a 'Label Table'. In the right column enter the duration the process would take if that number of operators was available from the start of, and throughout the process. If the maximum number of operators you can have is two, just resize the table to 2 rows. That's it! The time adjustment is calculated and applied automatically.

Last edited by Jason Lightfoot; 02-23-2012 at 11:26 AM.

Tags
operator, time

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to set different operation time based on operator type Brandon Zhao Q&A 6 02-20-2012 09:42 AM
Frame Animation based on Time Shanon Loughton Q&A 4 04-06-2009 09:57 AM
Using a Variable number of Operators for Processing Brandon Peterson Tips and Tricks 4 07-16-2008 09:16 AM
operators working together to decrease process time Alex Christensen Tips and Tricks 4 07-14-2008 09:22 AM
Setting the number of operators Sung Kim Q&A 4 02-05-2008 12:31 PM