ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 07-29-2009
Jill Speece

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
jspeece is on a distinguished road
Default 3D Shape Import Problems

When I import 3D shapes, a long gray stripe comes from the shape and covers the entire screen. I have attached a picture. What I am doing wrong?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	Imported 3D Shapes.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	702  
Old 07-29-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 47
Tom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant future

Did you see the following thread?

http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...hread.php?t=62

If you were following all the instructions and hints, it should work.
Otherwise I guess the community need the shape to figure out the issue.
Old 07-30-2009
FlexSim Software Products

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0
RalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to behold

jspeece,

sometimes I have seen the same behaviour when I got Autocad 3D shapes from customers. It seems, that those grey lines are internal construction lines created from Autocad to create one view from another.

You can try to import the shape to AC3D and see, if you can get it exported without those lines.

Good luck!

But as Tom said, the shape itself would help to solve your problem.

Ralf aka ralle

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Getting an imported shape into the yellow selection box Brenton King Tips and Tricks 23 07-24-2009 08:44 PM
Auto Shape Factor Kris Geisberger User Development 0 05-04-2009 09:29 AM
Problems with import of data from a database Matthias Hofmann Q&A 1 09-26-2008 09:42 AM
Problems with Excel-Import tobias.biemueller Q&A 1 06-18-2008 06:17 AM
Adjusting 3d shape of a crane Maurits Brandt Tips and Tricks 3 09-14-2007 12:25 AM