ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 04-29-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0
Simon Farsah is on a distinguished road
Default Combiner problem

The pallet enter the combiner (pack mod) from port1 and must stay 60 sec before it leaves the combiner. During this time, all the items in the queue connected to port2 must be packed on the pallet (the number of items in the queue is variable).
If I use a “senddelayedmessage” (=60 sec) OnExit from Conveyor, which command should I use to let the pallet exit the Combiner ?
Hope it was clear enough...
See the model in attachment

Thanks for your help

Simon
Attached Files
File Type: zip Combiner-test.zip (21.3 KB, 375 views)

Last edited by Kris Geisberger; 04-29-2008 at 03:20 PM.
Old 04-29-2008
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 12
Martijn van Oostenbrugge is a name known to allMartijn van Oostenbrugge is a name known to allMartijn van Oostenbrugge is a name known to allMartijn van Oostenbrugge is a name known to allMartijn van Oostenbrugge is a name known to allMartijn van Oostenbrugge is a name known to all

Hi Simon,

As I read your post that is a bit tricky to achieve with a combiner, but I added a little model. I used your delayedmessage and send it to the combiner. On the OnMessage of the combiner a manually moved the pallet to the next object and made sure the combiners is ready to achieve another pallet. So you should have a look at the flexscript code to understand.

Good luck,

Martijn
Attached Files
File Type: zip Combiner-test2.zip (58.9 KB, 347 views)
Old 04-29-2008
The Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6
Brandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant future

Simon,

If you want to solve your problem using more standard Flexsim functionality you can look at the model that I have attached.

On entry of the combiner through port 1 the combiner will close its input ports and send a delayed message for 60 seconds. On recieving the message the combiner will set its combine quantity equal to the content of the object connected through port 2 and then open its input ports.

This makes it so that the combiner will combine every object that is in the queue at the end of 60 seconds. The best part is that you only have to use basic Flexsim functionality to acheive the task.

Good Luck,
Brandon

P.S. If you mess a post up you can always edit it rather than submitting another post.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Combiner Test BJP.zip (39.4 KB, 359 views)
Old 04-29-2008
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 12
Martijn van Oostenbrugge is a name known to allMartijn van Oostenbrugge is a name known to allMartijn van Oostenbrugge is a name known to allMartijn van Oostenbrugge is a name known to allMartijn van Oostenbrugge is a name known to allMartijn van Oostenbrugge is a name known to all

Simon,

Brandon is right about only using Flexsim functionality, which means you use the 'handshakes' Flexsim has between Fixed Resources. However, this way you do not see the pallets built up.

If that is not the problem, you can just use a Processor in front of the combiner. This way, you only have to update the combiner's component list on the OnEntry when a pallet enters the combiner.

Martijn
Attached Files
File Type: zip Combiner Test Processor.zip (45.0 KB, 351 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Martijn van Oostenbrugge For This Useful Post:
Simon Farsah (05-29-2008)
Old 05-29-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 4
Simon Farsah is on a distinguished road

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your help...sorry for not replying earlier, actually I had a virus in my eyes so I was not allowed to use a computer...
Now I'm back...so wait for other questions

Simon

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Select input for a combiner KelvinHo Q&A 6 04-22-2008 09:34 PM
set the location of flowitem from 2nd input port in a combiner KelvinHo Q&A 4 04-11-2008 11:34 AM