ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 03-16-2010

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Private is on a distinguished road
Default routing items

Hi!
I'm realizing a simulation with Flexsim demo v4.0 in which the items entering the process have a labelnum, that is a number in a normal distribution. The items are stored in two racks and then they leave the racks based on ascending labelnum. Then they pass in the two conveyors based on their ascending labelnum. Now I would like that the items sorting from the two conveyors enter to another unique conveyor based on their ascending labelnum, but I'm not able to do this. I attach my model in word .
I hope my englis is intelligible.
thanks for your help. Cinzia
Attached Files
File Type: doc doc2.doc (154.0 KB, 210 views)
Old 03-16-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...read.php?t=534

I believe this can help you.
Old 03-22-2010

tanks for your help
Old 03-22-2010

Default routing items

Hi!
I again need your help on the model I'm building. Now I want to direct the flow items in two different rack based on their labelname. The label represents the shelf life of products . I added a conveyor and I would that the items having a shelf life less than 10 go in the first rack while the items having a shelf life greater than 10 go in the second rack. I think I should add the conditional port option in the conveyor but I'm not able to do this. Can you suggest how I can do to add this option in the conveyor?
Thanks, Cinzia.
Old 03-22-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 41
Anthony Timmiss will become famous soon enoughAnthony Timmiss will become famous soon enough

Does this Help?
Attached Files
File Type: zip Conveyor Routing.fsm.zip (32.3 KB, 196 views)
Old 03-25-2010

Smile routing items

Hi!
I thank you for your help
Now I needs to know one more thing in reference to the model "conveyor routing" that Anthony Timmiss has sent me. I want to empty the two queues one at a time, and the items that leave each queue must go to the same sink. How can I to do to set this option? I'm sorry but I cannot to upload my flexsim file.
Thanks Cinzia
Old 03-25-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

I´m not sure if I understand your problem. But I would conect the sink with the Queues, and close the Inputport of it (for example in the OnReset Trigger) now you only have to open this Input Port at the time the flow has to start. Attention, you shouldn´t forget to close the port again, if the flow has to stop anytime.
Greetings
Old 03-26-2010

Smile routing items

Hi
My problem is the following: I have some items in two queues and I would empty the first queue and when the first is empty I would that the items in the second queue leave the queue. I wouldn't that the items leave the queue at a certain time, but only that the queues are emptied one after the other.
Greetings Cinzia.
Old 03-26-2010
Flexsim User

Anthony Timmiss will become famous soon enoughAnthony Timmiss will become famous soon enough

Hi

I have modified my original model to try and do what you want.

If you look at the triggers of the queues you will see what is happening.

Anth
Attached Files
File Type: zip Conveyor Routing.zip (34.6 KB, 186 views)
Old 03-26-2010

Smile routing items

tanks so much
Old 05-13-2010
Flexsim User

muriana cinzia is on a distinguished road

Hi.
Now I have another question to pose to you.
in my model I create some items that have a label that is a number in a statistical distribution (normal). I should make some replications of my simulation and I'm realized that when I restart the simulation the label value of the items does not change by passing from one simulation to another. On the contrary I would that the value of the label of each item will change when I restart the simulation.
I hope I have exposed clearly my problem. Thanks you.
Old 05-13-2010
Flexsim User

Hi Cinzia

Is it possible to explain how you are setting the value or could you post your model for us to look at? I would expect the values to change each time you run the simulation if the number is bieng set using a distribution.

Anthony
Old 05-13-2010
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

Check under the statistics menu to see if you have 'Repeat Random Streams' selected.

Also, you can control the initialisation (and therefore progression) of random streams using the randinit() function where you provide the stream number you want to initialise and a seed value.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to pull items from a queue? Daglys Brizo Q&A 3 09-04-2009 08:17 AM
Pull items out of a rack BenjaminBuecklein Q&A 1 09-22-2008 03:59 AM
Recycling Flow Items Joe Allen Q&A 1 09-16-2008 03:57 PM
Operator not unloading items before picking up priority items Howe Chiat Cheng Q&A 2 05-28-2008 02:05 AM
Flow items with states AlanZhang Q&A 16 11-30-2007 10:32 AM