ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 05-15-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 16
Uploads: 0
Frans Zeng is on a distinguished road
Question How to recognize the transporter dispatched by a dispatcher?

Hi,
Could anyone help me to recognize the transporter dispatched by a dispatcher?
Attached is a model that demonstrates my scenario. It can be described as follows:
1. Processor1 and Processor2 are used in step 1, and Processor 3 for step 2;
2. Flowitems can be brought to Processor3 through three different path networks, and each path is connected to a transporter, all these transporters are dispatched by Dispatcher1;
3. When the processing procedure is finished in Processor1or Processor2, the item will be transferred to next station (Processor3) via one Transporter, a Crane, and the other Transporter sequently;
4. I tried to write a Coordinated Task Sequences in the OnProcessFinish Trigger of Processor2, and allocated tasks to Transporter2, Crane1 and Dispatcher1 for the transferring purpose.

Now, my question is how can I recognize the definite transporter (in Transporter3~5) dispatched by Dispatcher1? Perhaps in this way, I can specify the unload position of Crane1(“Don’t travel offsets for load/unload tasks” is selected for Transporter3~5).

Thanks for your help in advance.

PS: I have made grammatical mistakes in "the transporter dispatched by a dispatcher" in title, perhaps, It's more felicity to say that "the transporter to which a task sequence would be passed by a dispatcher"!

Last edited by Frans Zeng; 05-16-2010 at 03:02 AM.
Old 05-15-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 16
Uploads: 0
Frans Zeng is on a distinguished road

I am sorry to forget to attach my model.
This time I tried to attach it, but upload errors happened.
Please wait, I will continue to upload it soon.
Attached Files
File Type: zip multiTE_v1.zip (40.1 KB, 180 views)

Last edited by Frans Zeng; 05-16-2010 at 02:05 AM.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dispatcher: PassTo-option Benjamin Diehl Q&A 4 03-03-2011 11:31 AM
arrive was given a task sequence but is not a dispatcher Brent Merryman FlexSim HC: Q&A 3 04-09-2010 08:34 AM
Working Logic of Dispatcher AlanZhang Q&A 6 02-09-2009 10:38 AM
Dispatcher and staytime problem Lin Jincong Q&A 2 01-15-2009 08:35 PM
How to recognize the task excuter by connection Sung Kim Tips and Tricks 2 06-11-2008 10:13 AM