ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 03-21-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
manuel fernandez is on a distinguished road
Smile Record label

Hello everyone!

First of all, sorry if this was already treated on another thread.I think my problem has a simple and quick solution, but I am really lost trying to solve it.

In order to calculate the warmup time of a experimenter, I need to run some replications of a scenario before, to record some data to use it in excel.
I am interested in one of the recorders, that shows the current value of a label from the model. I need to get the value of this label in every moment of the simulation ( it can be every second ) in an excel file for every replication, but I don´t know how to generate this excel file (if it is possible).

Thanks in advance for your help and excuse my bad english.
Old 03-21-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
manuel fernandez is on a distinguished road

Well, I´ll reply to myself

I have created an user event that calculates the value of the label and I have set it to be repeated every second. I have used the settablenum to save the values every second in a global table , just creating a simple counter with a variable (for example, i = i + 1) to set in which row the value will be saved. Like this:

row_counter = row_counter + 1;
settablenum("Performance",row_counter,1,current_se rvice_level);

"Performance" is the name of the global table and "current_service_level" is the variable I was trying to save.

Now I can export the values from the global table to an excel file.So I was right, it had a simple solution.

Thanks anyway for reading!
The Following User Says Thank You to manuel fernandez For This Useful Post:
Tom David (03-22-2010)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Record object variance staytime Vic Li Q&A 8 12-22-2010 11:01 AM
Record Staytime Jamie Santa Ana Container Terminal (CT) Library 1 09-29-2009 02:35 PM
how to set preempt by label? Vic Li Q&A 4 10-19-2008 01:51 AM
Checking to see if a label exists Paul Dowling Q&A 3 04-28-2008 11:03 PM
How to turn on stats history in Vista to use Record object syseo Q&A 1 09-22-2007 01:45 AM