ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 03-26-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 0
Anthony Timmiss will become famous soon enoughAnthony Timmiss will become famous soon enough
Default Sub Tasks

Hi

I have a simple problem regarding sub_tasks. I have an operator that travels to a conveyor to collect a part and calls a sub task to the conveyor, this creates a task sequence for the operator to load a part from the conveyor and take it somewhere.

The problem I have is that sometimes conveyor does not have parts when the operator travels to it and calls the sub_task.

1. To start with I would like to know how to avoid this causing a problem as I currently get an invalid pointer fault as there are no parts in the conveyor, and the model stops.

2. Secondly if possible how can you work round this so that if there are no parts you can get the operator to ignore it and move on to another task sequence and then come back later? For example the piece of equipment supplying the parts may be borken down and you want the operator to carry on working.

Thanks

Anth
Old 03-26-2010
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Uploads: 0
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

If I understand correctly the conveyor creates the tasksequence to pickup a product.

1. In that case simply use an "if" to determine if there is a product on your conveyor. If not, simply don't create the load task but return a 0 or a simple task such as a delaytask with time 0

2. place the call sub task as a first task in your tasksequence and create the whole tasksequence on your conveyor. If there is a part the operator walks to the conveyor and otherwise it just ignores it. Maybe you can even check in the location where you create the tasksequence if a product is available and don't create the tasksequence
The Following User Says Thank You to Steven Hamoen For This Useful Post:
Anthony Timmiss (03-26-2010)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
overlaping tasks Kang Han Q&A 2 10-16-2008 05:40 PM
How to run tasks after stop time? Fadhlullah Bin Rahmat Q&A 1 02-26-2008 04:44 PM